Customize Chameleon in a multi-boot OS setting

iDo

1 post in this topic

I have the following partitions on my /dev/sda.

/dev/sda1        Boot

/dev/sda2        Mavericks

/dev/sda3        Snow Leopard

/dev/sda4        Linux

/dev/sda6        Fedora

I installed Chameleon on partition Boot, and made sure sda2 and sda3 do not have a boot loader on their own for now. sda4 and sda6 have their own GRUB2 and they work like a charm too. So, my system works perfectly fine, but what I want is:

I want to hide Fedora and instead use the GRUB2 bootloader on sda4 to boot both Fedora and Ubuntu (which is possible and it already does it, so to list Fedora is redundant here). Now here are the details:

In sda1 I just have boot loader and I don't have Extra folder (No smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist here) and whenever I want to boot to Mavericks I pass the arguments:

kernel=mach_kernel_mavericks rd=disk0s2

And whenever I want to boot to Snow Leopard I pass the arguments:

kernel=mach_kernel_snow rd=disk0s3

This is cumbersome but I couldn't come up with a better idea. I thought of doing this because, if I put Extra/Extension in sda1, the extensions for Snow Leopard gets loaded for Mavericks and gives kernel panic, so I said Ok, I'll separate them and call them individually as arguments. As I said, it works and both my Snow Leopard and Mavericks are doing pretty good but passing those parameters every time is just tiring. Plus, because I can't have an /Extra folder (and hence a plist file in it I guess!!!) in /dev/sda1, I can't hide partitions. I have added "Hide Partition" key in both plist files in corresponding Extra folder for both Snow Leopard and Mavericks but it doesn't work.

I'd appreciate if someone can help.

Cheers