White screen with 7970 despite everything I've tried

Woog

2 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

Despite everything I've tried, the best I can get is a while screen with my 7970. Any suggestions on other things to try would be most appreciated!

motherboard: Supermicro X9DA7

video card: Gigabyte Radeon 7970 HD OC (GV-R797OC-3GD)

I've tried both Clover (both injecting and not injecting video card properties) and Chameleon (both GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No).

I've also tried all the framebuffer names (Aji, Buri, Chutoro, Dashimaki, Ebi, Gari, Futomaki, Hamachi, OPM, Ikura, IkuraS, Junsai, Kani, KaniS, DashimakiS, Maguro, MaguroS) and the sensible ones (those with DP, DP, DDVI, HDMI) give a white screen. The others generally give a back screen.

I've tried connecting my monitor via DVI-D, HDMI, DP -> adapter -> DVI, DP -> adapter -> HDMI.

I can SSH to the computer, but I can't get any sort of display to work. (The video card and display work perfectly under Linux, so it isn't obviously the card or monitor.)

I don't know how to manually edit the DSDT. If someone could help me with this, it would be wonderful!

I've attached the following files / logs logs.zip:

- The output of dmesg

- DSDT dumped from Linux

- output of ioreg

- the output of ioreg -l up to the point where it freezes (when trying to dump details of AMDTahitiGraphicsAccelerator)

- /var/log/system.log

- The output of the serial port when booted with debug=0x2A (this enables boot time logging via serial port)

Thanks!!

Try another smbios, like 3,1, 5,1 or 6,3 with GE=no.

Another test you can do: When you got White screen, try unplug and plug trick..

When you use a framebuffer, did you set Ati Ports? You can try 3,4 or 5.