All SSL certs not trusted on Chrome

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

So it happens that every single HTTPS site I try to access (Facebook, Google, PayPal, etc.) with Chrome (33) tells me "The site's security certificate is not trusted!". A look at e.g Facebook's certificate says it was "signed by an unknown authority". The cert was issued by "VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA - G3" and it expires in 2015. I can access FB on Safari just fine, and the cert details match those I see in Chrome. I have no funny plus signs next to the certificate in Keychain Access. I've already tried running First Aid and it said all was OK.

Could you guys please help me figure out what's wrong? It's weird because it seems only Apple apps are able to connect successfully to SSL-secured places. Safari and Mail.app work. Chrome doesn't, Google Drive gets stuck loading the Sign In window and e.g LogMein says it can't connect to LogMeIn servers.

This is on 10.8.5, though it was happening before on 10.8.4 as well.

Thanks.

I had this once a while ago. Your Chrome install is borked. You should completely remove chrome but before that use its internal cleaning method (Tools / Clear Browsing Data) and clear everything from the beginning of time, then uninstall Chrome and reboot. Then reinstall Chrome. 

Worked for me. Hope it does for you too.