Cannot install Mavericks cause of error

maxell505

4 posts in this topic

So I have a HP DM4-3099se and I want to dual boot Mavericks and Windows on it. I have a bootable copy of Niresh Mavericks on my flash drive but when I go to erase the partition I made for OSX, it will not let me. It says that there was an error and it could not modify partition map. Please help. One guy in the chat told me that I needed to format my drive as a GUID but this other guy who is more reputable on this website(RehabMan) told me that Niresh works on non-GUID hard drives also. Please help as I do not know what to do now!

This website doesn't support using distros so you're not going to get a lot of responses. I would reading here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/ 

And then searching out dualboot on the same disk guides as there are a few tricks to make it work on an MBR partition. 

This website doesn't support using distros so you're not going to get a lot of responses. I would reading here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/ 

And then searching out dualboot on the same disk guides as there are a few tricks to make it work on an MBR partition. 

I am going to try what @iFIRE told me to do today and if it doesn't work, than I will just erase the whole thing and just make it GUID and start over.

I went on Ubuntu and I went to Gparted and this is what shows up when I started it. Can you please just show me the method for ereasing my whole hard drive and making my disk a GUID format and than dual booting windows and Mavericks on it?

post-1161338-0-20393600-1395352095_thumb.png