Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

D5400XS motherboard Snow Leopard need help

4 posts in this topic

i got stuck with this motherboard using a old method witch was working for my ASUS P5Q setup: multibeastcd and original dvd of snow leopard.

i saw on this forum a guy who installed 10.9 using a dsdt patch (new thing to me i m searching for a link to see how to implement this). http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296435-intel-d5400xs-dual-xeon/?hl=%20d5400xs

can i use to run snow leopard? i cannot send him any pms or post to his topic need help? what do i need tot get in contact with him?

My setup is:

2x xeon 3.2Ghz 

Hi, The bios needs to be updated to the version that uses the user's thread, and the CPU must be identical to his (i think), the dsdt has been modified specifically for its hardware.

Post a question on his topic

the problem is i can t post on that topic (i don t know why) and the cpus are the same in windows is running smoothly and the bios is updated. can you explain or give me a link how can i use that dsdt to implement it.

maybe you can move the topic to the proper location in OSx86 Installation

Boot with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No

You can install Mountain Lion or Mavericks instead of Snow, just enough to have a 8GB pendrive and a working OS X system.

You can use dsdt from the topic, put the file in Extra and reboot.

If you have Kernel Panic, just reboot with DSDT=/aaaaaaa and delete it.

I don't have permission to move your topic in right section

sorry for my english