Cant install OSX X Maverick 10.9.1 or 10.9.2

kbapk

21 posts in this topic

Hi people. Sorry for my bad english, i am from Latvia. So i have a notebook

Lenovo E540

Haswell (Intel)

Intel® Core™ i5-4200M Processor (3 МБ Cache, 2.5 ГГц)

Intel HM87 Express

Intel HD Graphics 4600

So i am trying to install on it maverick, but i cant do it. When i in bootloader choose maverick, i have reboot, trying with keys -v -f. result reboot.

Any sugestions what i must to do. Trying change kernel..doesnt help

Hi people. Sorry for my bad english, i am from Latvia. So i have a notebook

Lenovo E540

Haswell (Intel)

Intel® Core™ i5-4200M Processor (3 МБ Cache, 2.5 ГГц)

Intel HM87 Express

Intel HD Graphics 4600

So i am trying to install on it maverick, but i cant do it. When i in bootloader choose maverick, i have reboot, trying with keys -v -f. result reboot.

Any sugestions what i must to do. Trying change kernel..doesnt help

You need to patch the kernel. See: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/

You may need to patch for both XCPM and lapic (you can use KernelPatcher module for lapic).

but i do not have OS X. i have only windows. on my notebook it isnt installing, before install it goes reboot

You'll need to find another way then. Perhaps borrow a Mac or do the patches in Linux. Or find a Windows version of perl...

So i do not have any other variants? Abbout linux i triesd install it but i cant. Maybe i can use virtual machine for patching? Or maybe can help me make it on other pc or maybe you can help me patch?

Or maybe its possible to patch on virtual machine vmware?

So i do not have any other variants? Abbout linux i triesd install it but i cant. Maybe i can use virtual machine for patching? Or maybe can help me make it on other pc or maybe you can help me patch?

Or maybe its possible to patch on virtual machine vmware?

I'm not sure I understand the problem. In order to download OS X, you need a Mac (or working hack). Just go back to that Mac and do the patch there.

My situation. I want to install OS X, now i have windows. When i try installing OS X i have reboot in first seconds.

You need to patch the kernel. There is no way around it.

but how i can patch it if i do not haver OS X  on my laptop and other pc's. Maybe you can patch it for me?

I don't understand how you downloaded OS X in the first place without access to a machine running OS X...

But the answer to your question is to do the patch in another OS. Linux would be a possibility in that it likely has a compatible 'perl' implementation. The other possibility would be to download 'perl' for Windows and do the patch in Windows.

i downloaded torrentr file. image in arc format.  Then i restore it to hdd with rdrive. and when try to load it i see one second apple lpgo and reboot

I would recommend a vanilla install.