Done - Asta la vista - time to uninstall

androp

6 posts in this topic

Hi eveyrone. Thanks so much for such a great experience. I'm done with OSX86 for now after getting very close to a fully stable system but the thrill is gone. I will buy a mac in the near future.

Question. How can I completely remove OSX86 from my dual boot systtem? I'm afraid if I just remove the OSX partition using partition magic, then it will screw with Darwin or something along those lines and I won't be able to boot into XP anymore. I've searched around the forums but haven't found the solution yet. I would appreciate your help with this. I'm running a dual boot system, XP and OSX86 from a singe primary internal HD.

Thanks so much in advance.

Easiest way is to boot up with the Windows XP CD and go into the recovery console. Once in the recovery console, run the commands "fixmbr" and "fixboot", this will restore the default Windows bootloader and set it as the default. After that, use Partition Magic and delete the partition and resize your Windows partition to take up the entire drive.

Thanks for the help, however, I went into recovery console, ran the commands, and now I'm getting:

NTLDR is missing

press any key to reboot.

I then tried copying the ntldr and ntdetect.com from the CD in recovery console to c:\ but I get the same error. please help!!!

Thanks