Gigabyte EP45-UD3R, Geforce 8800GT, can't boot into Mavericks without USB drive

grice

4 posts in this topic

Been struggling with it for 2 weeks, especially these past 2 days. I was able to download Mavericks into the applications folder after a lot of work. I used the ##### method to make a bootable USB drive to install 10.9.2 on a blank HD after setting kernel flags GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000. Then rebooted with the same flags to install #####. Mavericks recognises the 8800GT, ram and CPU no problem. Also has sound and networking. Works extremely well. However, except for one time, I have not been able to get it to boot up on its own without the USB drive. One time it worked, but networking was disabled. Deleted all the network devices in system preferences in an effort to get it to reset but failed to reboot since. I've tried adding flags PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 to the chameleon file in extra, I know they have to be on the same line under kernel flags. I used -v to see where it is hanging and it gets stuck at com.apple.iokit.ioacpifamily. So I downloaded AppleACPIPlatform.kext and ##### to try out. For Mavericks, should I put that in Extra or in /library/extensions?

Old card and board I know. But if it got this far, it only lacks a little more work in the org.chameleon to finish.

Well that's my progress so far. 

:)

EDIT: Oh i see the word is not allowed. Apologies. :D

well its ok... we just don't support tonymac's tools.

you are a newer member so its ok anyway...

If i posted this, i would probably get banned since i've been here for a while :)