Kernel Panics on hopeful hackintosh

MaroonR

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. This is actually my first hackintosh build, but I would like to say that I'm not totally inexperienced at 'hacking' new OS's into places they don't really belong :) . Anyway, the big problem here is that I'm running into a kernel panic before I reach the OS X installer. I've tried a lot of things (some general guides, #####), but what seemed the most likely to work was ErmaC's guide and tool (Lionize) for X58-based motherboards and Lion. That also resulted in a kernel panic, and after spending at least the past 15 waking hours trying to make this work, I really need a second opinion or two (or 20). System is tagged in the thread but here's a reference:

---------------------------------------

Processor: Intel i7-930

GPU: nVidia 480 GTX

Mobo: ASUS P6X58D Premium

---------------------------------------

I haven't seen a lot of other ways to do this, but the sake of referencing, I am using a USB Stick (Patriot Supersonic Boost XT, 32 GB USB3), and the Lion Installer came directly from the app store.

I've sort of assumed that everything else doesn't really matter until at least after I reach the installer. Here's a link to the guide that I followed, and I've attached a screenshot of the kernel panic, which may or may not be worth anything at all. 

EDIT: I should mention that I'm using -v npci:0x2000 for my flags. The ncpi:0x2000 flag is necessary I've found, else I get a black screen with no information and it just hangs.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/267001-guide-lion-107-on-asus-x58-lga-1366-i7-9xx/

Thanks, 

David

post-1310577-0-95998100-1393710151_thumb.jpg

Hey, I tried what you suggested. Still no luck. There's one line that sticks out to me but I'm not sure what to do about it. It says Faulting CPU: 0x2, and gives an Error Code of 0x0000000000000000. Any other suggestions?