[SOLVED] Haswell Laptop, goes to sleep but can't wakeup.

nuschnuschi

17 posts in this topic

I installed 10.9.1 on Thinkpad T440s (i7 4600U 2.1GHz, QM87 Express Chipset) with patched kernel.

It almost works expect wake from sleep function.

When I select a menu 'Sleep' or close LID.

Status LEDs (on power button and display housing) start blinking then fan stops.

When I tap a keyboard after stating LEDs blink,

fan is spinning up but LED still blink and system stay on sleep.

I also tried WOL and Display Sharing. but system is not responding.

Display Sleep is working.

And It also freeze when I connect external display via display port.

VGA port recognize external display but doesn't work.

I tried this patch but no effect.

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/system/system_WAK2.txt

Current status,

KBD, Trackpad, Ultranav -works fine with RehabMan VooDooPS2.

but Sometimes trackpad is not responding.

EDIT: modify ".GlobalPreferences" to change tracking speed

Keyboard Backlight works without any driver(Fn+Space to turn on backlight).

Audio - Internal Speakers and mic work with Patched AppleHDA for ALC292. expect headphone out.

only white noise come out from headphone jack.

I don't try patch DSDT for audio yet.

EDIT: works with voodooHDA 2.8.4 (modify info.plist. IOPCIPrimaryMatch=0x9C208086)

Headphone with mic combo jack works too.

Video - HD4400 works fine with QE/CI. (GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IntelAzulFB=12)

Geforce GT730M is not working and can't boot without SkipNvidiaGFX=y option.

EDIT: Patch DSDT and remove all nVIDIA's KEXTs.

Brightness Control - works fine with patched DSDT and patched AppleBacklight.kext

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/graphics/graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt

Wifi - not works (Intel AC 7260 on M.2 Slot)

BlueTooth - works but unstable (sometimes works, sometimes dead)

SD Card Reader - not works (Realtek PCIe) I already tried to modify VoodooSDHC.

Battery Status - works with VooDooBattery

EDIT: works with RehabMan's patch 'battery_Lenovo-X220.txt' (remove last line for display int/ext batteries status)

TouchScreen - not works (Elan Micro Electronics). It is recognized by system profiler. 

I tried to install Touch-base driver for Elan, but It doesn't work with my laptop.

EDIT: works as single click mouse with osxhidtouch (change VID, PID and resolution. install as deamon)

https://github.com/a...kov/osxhidtouch

Any suggestion welcome.

Edit: To fix this issue, I disabled all of lenovo(windows) specific bios options such as 'Discrete Security Chip', 'Antitheft'...). Now, My laptop can sleep/wake.

I also need GenericUSBXHCI and -gux_defer_usb2 flag. My laptop wake up immediately without it.

I'm having similar issues waking from sleep on my haswell laptop, which is frustrating because others with similar laptops seem to have sleep/wake working just fine. I know it's going to require a patched dsdt most likely, which I've already been using for my HP, but still no dice.

I'm having similar issues waking from sleep on my haswell laptop, which is frustrating because others with similar laptops seem to have sleep/wake working just fine. I know it's going to require a patched dsdt most likely, which I've already been using for my HP, but still no dice.

Thank you for reply.

Please let me know if you find solutions.

I'm trying, I managed to get my touchscreen working (which I stumbled upon info for completely by accident) sleep/wake is the last piece of this damn puzzle! My touchscreen is an egalax though, so I'm not sure that yours would be compatible with the driver, all I can say is check the specific name of the device again under system profile, and search for drivers. In my case the mavericks kext was broken so I rolled back to the lion kext for 64bit.

I'm trying, I managed to get my touchscreen working (which I stumbled upon info for completely by accident) sleep/wake is the last piece of this damn puzzle! My touchscreen is an egalax though, so I'm not sure that yours would be compatible with the driver, all I can say is check the specific name of the device again under system profile, and search for drivers. In my case the mavericks kext was broken so I rolled back to the lion kext for 64bit.

My laptop has Elan Microelectronics Touchscreen.

egalax's driver doesn't work with my laptop. I tried to modify VenderID and DeviceID on info.plist but It doesn't work...

I'll look around and try to help you with that too if anything comes to mind. Can't promise anything, especially since I don't have the hardware to test with, but I'll try. What is the exact name under system profile? Does the touch screen have a model number or version number or anything?

I'll look around and try to help you with that too if anything comes to mind. Can't promise anything, especially since I don't have the hardware to test with, but I'll try. What is the exact name under system profile? Does the touch screen have a model number or version number or anything?

Think you for your help.

I can't get Model Number of device.

System Profiler displays Vender ID: 0x04f3, Product ID: 0x0224.

I found this today.

https://github.com/astarasikov/osxhidtouch

And I tried to modify code (VID, PID and Resolution) and build it then put it into /usr/bin/ and write plist to /Library/launchdeamon.

It works!

But it just works as single touch device like mouse. and Inkwell prefpane was gone.

Not the ideal solution it would seem, but a ray of hope none the less. I have the next couple of days off from work, so I'll have some time to look more into the sleep/wake issue, and I'll look into your touchscreen a bit and see if I have any luck finding a way to make it work as a proper touch screen.

Solved, at least for me. It requires dsdt edits, and a generic usb xhci kext, as well as a boot arg more info found here http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/files/?source=navbar

I can't promise it will solve your issue, but it could. It's the last thing I would have though was preventing my computer from proper sleep and wake

Congrats!

how did you fix dsdt?

Another thing I owe to @rehabman, the dude is brilliant really. https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

I ran across a response he had for someone else regarding dsdt and followed his instructions, and got lucky. Originally I was using someone else's dsdt and ssdt 1/ssdt 2 because our laptops are very similar, but eventually I tossed that out the window and did my own.

Actually I mixed up my links, this is the one I used, because I have an hp envy series laptop, though the other link should work better for you, since it seems a bit more generic. https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

I installed 10.9.1 on Thinkpad T440s (i7 4600U 2.1GHz, QM87 Express Chipset) with patched kernel.

It almost works expect wake from sleep function.

When I select a menu 'Sleep' or close LID.

Status LEDs (on power button and display housing) start blinking then fan stops.

When I tap a keyboard after stating LEDs blink,

fan is spinning up but LED still blink and system stay on sleep.

I also tried WOL and Display Sharing. but system is not responding.

Display Sleep is working.

I tried this patch but no effect.

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/system/system_WAK2.txt

Current status,

KBD, Trackpad, Ultranav -works fine with RehabMan VooDooPS2.

Audio - Internal Speakers and mic work with Patched AppleHDA for ALC292. expect headphone out.

only white noise come out from headphone jack.

I don't try patch DSDT for audio yet.

Video - HD4400 works fine with QE/CI. (GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IntelAzulFB=12)

Geforce GT730M is not working and can't boot without SkipNvidiaGFX=y option.

Brightness Control - works fine with patched DSDT and patched AppleBacklight.kext

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/graphics/graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt

Wifi - not works (Intel AC 7260 on M.2 Slot)

BlueTooth - works but unstable (sometimes works, sometimes dead)

SD Card Reader - not works (Realtek PCIe) I already tried to modify VoodooSDHC.

Battery Status - works with VooDooBattery

TouchScreen - not works (Elan Micro Electronics). It is recognized by system profiler. 

I tried to install Touch-base driver for Elan, but It doesn't work with my laptop.

Any suggestion welcome.

Are you using vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext?  I ask because a lot of VoodooBattery packages include a rollback of that kext.  Bad idea...

Are you using vanilla AppleACPIPlatform.kext? I ask because a lot of VoodooBattery packages include a rollback of that kext. Bad idea...

I forgot that Rollback of AppleACPIPlatfom.kext(v1.3.5) was installed with VooDooBattery.

Today I tried to replace it with vanilla kext (v2.0) then Power Button issue was solved. Now Power Button works as real mac.

And 'Sleep Computer' Setting Slider disappeared and PowerNap options appeared in Enagy Saver prefpane.

But Sleep/Wake issue was not solved.

• 1 month later...

Wakeup issue was suddenly solved.

I'm not sure about why it was fixed. Because I tried a lot of combination of BIOS setting. 

I think some bios options caused problem (Antitheft chip or something).

Edit: I disabled all of lenovo(windows) specific bios options such as 'Discrete Security Chip', 'Antitheft'...)

But some problems still on my laptop.

-With VoodooHDA, Internal Speakers are not working after wakeup from sleep.

but Headphones and mic are ok.

With Patched AppleHDA, Internal Speakers work after wakeup but Headphones don't work.

Edit: This problem was solved.

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6269-t440s-cant-fix-dsdt/page-5&do=findComment&comment=38034

-Status LED continues to blinking after wakeup.

Edit: This problem was solved. Thank you for RehabMan.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/?p=2015241

I added those lines below to _WAK section.

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
{
\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED (Zero, 0x80)
\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED (0x0A, 0x80)

• 2 weeks later...

How did you solve the freezing issue when connecting to external display via display port?

On my T440 external display is working fine on 10.9 while OSX freezes on 10.9.2

Thanks

How did you solve the freezing issue when connecting to external display via display port?

On my T440 external display is working fine on 10.9 while OSX freezes on 10.9.2

Thanks

hi vidi2000,

Sorry for I'm using different name on this forum.

I post answer for you on other forum.