Can't fix "Invalid combination of Length and Min/Max fixed flags" error

SolarFl4re

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm going through the vanilla (read: extracted) DSDT for my Dell XPS 420, fixing errors raised by iASL.

Not sure how to properly fix this one:

Error    6051 -  ^ Address Min is greater than Address Max

The offending section:

DWordMemory (ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinNotFixed, MaxFixed, NonCacheable, ReadWrite,
 0x00000000,         // Granularity
 0xF0000000,         // Range Minimum (Min is greater than Max!)
 0xEFFFFFFF,         // Range Maximum
 0x00000000,         // Translation Offset
 0x00000000,         // Length
 ,, , AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)

If I just lower Range Minimum, will I break something else?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,

I'm working on my DSDT file - fixing errors reported by the latest version of iASL - and I've come across an error I can't seem to fix:

../origin/DSDT_manual_edit.dsl   2525:                     0x00004000,         
Error    6043 -                ^ Invalid combination of Length and Min/Max fixed flags

Here is the problematic section:

DWordMemory (ResourceProducer, PosDecode, MinNotFixed, MaxFixed, NonCacheable, ReadWrite,
    0x00000000,         // Granularity
    0xFF97C000,         // Range Minimum
    0xFF97FFFF,         // Range Maximum
    0x00000000,         // Translation Offset
    0x00004000,         // Length

This is with my calculated Length value, which should be correct - I did Range Max - Range Min + 1 == 0x4000. But It doesn't seem to work; I still get the error.

Any help would be much appreciated. DSDT is attached.

DSDT_manual_edit.zip

I have merged your topics since we're dealing with similar issues in the same DSDT.

Thanks, that makes sense.

I think I found the problem - I was looking in the wrong place. Not only was the original length wrong, but ***NotFixed and ***Fixed cannot be mixed. I guess I should have figured that out sooner... Now my question is, which should I choose - both unfixed, or both fixed?

EDIT: I think I was wrong; I look around a bit, and other blocks are mixing them. But when they do, they set the length to 

0x00000000

So setting Length to this, without changing ---NotFixed/---Fixed, seems to be a good solution. No errors.