Need Help installing Mavericks on mobo without AHCI

Eweie

39 posts in this topic

ok so im in the mavericks desktop but im stuck at resolution 1024 x 768 mirrowed in all my monitors and i dont have hardware acceleration.

My network works and so does my audio (cause I use an USB audio adapter) and thank you! can you help me figure out the graphics though? i dont remember but I think i booted with GraphicsEnabler=No. i guess ill try Yes.

alright thank you Ill report back :D Thank you so much again :)

I cant get back in :( I installed those kexts, once again repaired the permissions with kext wizard and used graphicsEnabler=yes. no other flag, and i dont remember exactly what flags i used when it loaded but i think it was just arch=x86_64 which I also tried but i get this.

ok im back in but no graphics acceleration. seems i cant boot with graphicsenabler=yes. i tried no right now and im back in.

post-1147257-0-50479600-1392238763_thumb.jpg

well, ive tried 3 different kernels and different bootflags that dont seem to matter much, it will still boot to the desktop with graphicsenabler set to no but not Yes, it will just get stuck on bootup. everything except icloud seems to be working fine. :(

Update: I got it to recognise my graphics card and now i have the full resolution but i still have to boot with graphics enabler set to no and i got no hardware acceleration. if i boot with YES it will boot but i only see a grey screen... but the OS is loaded to the desktop. I think I'm getting close.

• 2 years later...

TheShewolf you can create a dmg of your drive, because I've your same mobo and AMD Sempron processor, and I'm trying to install mavericks with no success. You can create a torrent or upload the necessary and give me the instructions. At this moment I'm at still waiting for root device...

TheShewolf you can create a dmg of your drive, because I've your same mobo and AMD Sempron processor, and I'm trying to install mavericks with no success. You can create a torrent or upload the necessary and give me the instructions. At this moment I'm at still waiting for root device...

sorry but i haven't had that mobo in a year. but get to run mavericks very well, everything should be documented in this thread.

but if you still need an image of mavericks anyway, you can search for "sparse image" in tpb (I think it's against the rules to link) and the same image i used is there. you'll have to do the rest of the legwork like I did though. I think that mobo might be capable of running an even later version of OS X though not sure. good luck.