Backing up Bootcamp XP install?

OSXtasy

4 posts in this topic

As the title states I would like to back up my bootcamp/XP install so that i can blow away my whole disk, and put it back after I first restore OSX, etc. I've tried installing Acronis(which will install but says doesnt support EZ discs...etc error), partiton magic(PMagic wont even install cause sees corrupted part table/unreadable), and several other utilitys I always use to backup my regular XP "PC's" . Is it even possible to back it up? Anyone had any luck. Opinions welcome. The one thing that kinda works is DejaVu, which I don't even remember installing LOL, but it appears to start copyng the XP (untitled) hard disk, and starts copying to my NAS just fine (I didnt let it finish tho, was just testing cause I'm not sure how I'd pull it back since I don't see a restore function in DejaVu.). Darn I wish I could use ghost, it works so well on my Hackintosh ZD8000. Well, hope to hear from some of you guys...... :thumbsup_anim::):D

As the title states I would like to back up my bootcamp/XP install so that i can blow away my whole disk, and put it back after I first restore OSX,

Have you explored the restore function in Disk Utility?

The problem would be restoring Windows to the new Boot Camp partition. OSX can read/write to a FAT32 partition but can only read (not write to) an NTFS partition.

• 1 month later...

Am... I dont no ENG

but

ZD8000 Nootbook user

Please

graphic use mode ??

my GP mode 1680*1050

Please GP is not install

my mind have crazy ...^^

Please my method ..Please...

answer my E-mail : shjeon@ntc.ne.kr

PLEASE....

system

3.4GHZ P4

2G DDR2 4200

HARD 100 Hidachi 7200rpm

Chipset 915

ATI 600 Mobililty 1680*1050

Jas 10.4.8 DVD from controller XXXX Black screen

Please give me YoU!!! help

Thank You!!

As the title states I would like to back up my bootcamp/XP install so that i can blow away my whole disk, and put it back after I first restore OSX, etc. I've tried installing Acronis(which will install but says doesnt support EZ discs...etc error), partiton magic(PMagic wont even install cause sees corrupted part table/unreadable), and several other utilitys I always use to backup my regular XP "PC's" . Is it even possible to back it up? Anyone had any luck. Opinions welcome. The one thing that kinda works is DejaVu, which I don't even remember installing LOL, but it appears to start copyng the XP (untitled) hard disk, and starts copying to my NAS just fine (I didnt let it finish tho, was just testing cause I'm not sure how I'd pull it back since I don't see a restore function in DejaVu.). Darn I wish I could use ghost, it works so well on my Hackintosh ZD8000. Well, hope to hear from some of you guys...... :blink::blink::blink:

Ok, I do this all the time.

1st, run SysPrep. I have a great tutorial for SysPrep settings Over here. You don't need to worry about drivers unless you plan on imaging another Mac with different hardware.

Install NTFSprogs on the Mac partition you run NetRestore Helper from.

Use NetRestore Helper (included with NetRestore) to image your NTFS partition to an external disk.

Reinstall and format your second partition as Fat32... then once Mac OS X is running use NetRestore to put your NTFS image back on that second partition. It should boot up just fine.

=)