Mac osx 10.4.4 install

dj_myk

11 posts in this topic

evening guys and girls

I have previously installed mac osx onto a pc, however I just purchased a new PC and it is capable of handling osx.

The spec of my pc is Intel Celeron 3.2 GHZ with sse2 and sse3, 1 gig of ram, 10 Gig hard drive space formatted to fat 32 and set as active in windows, A Biostar 300G small form factor PC

I stick the DVD (which i used for the first time I installed it) into the drive and boot of the DVD, I get teh darwin loader screen, and press the "any key" to start the install.

I get the apple logo on screen and the spinning sun, and the DVD drive spins away.After about 4-5 mins maybe longer of DVD activity and hard disk activity I get a black screen with white cursor in the top corner........and nothing more

Can anyone help shed some light onto the issue?

Mike

Also forgot to mention I have 2 hard drives.

The first is a 40 gig drive with windows partition on it, and the second is a 200 gig drive split into partitions. The first of which is a 10 gig partition set to active in windows management consol

Mike

Ok I tried the install with the -v extension, and it loaded up exactly the same, obviously with the detailed process

It goes throu the install and reaches the blue screen with the mouse pointer and the spinning wheel, the wheel then turns back to the mouse pointer then the screen goes Black and has a thick white cursor (not flashing) in the top left corner

Mike

Ok I came home today and decided to try installing mac osx 10.4.4 and or 10.4.8 which I have on DVD

I unplugged my windows drive and set the Drive I want to install to as the main device in my bios. Booted off the DVD i tried it with and without the -v switch

On 10.4.4 I got the blue screen with the spinning disk and then after a minute or two the spinning disk stopped and it went to a black screen with the White square in the top corner, and with the -v switch there was no errors I could see

On 10.4.8 I got as far as the blue screen, NO spinning multicoloured disk and then it flicked off and went to a pure black screen and then never done anything

Has anyone esle got any ideas why it aint working, It's doing my box in

Mike

• 2 weeks later...