GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI, I7-4930k Post-install error

grabbel

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Using the excellent myHack installation guide from RampageDev and the patched 10.9 (GM) Ivy-E kernel from stinga11, I was able to install Mavericks. I've used the kexts inside the x79 DMG made by RampageDev for the GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI mainboard to complete the installation.

However in order to boot successfully, I need to add the following parameters to the chameleon bootloader:

-v npci=0x2000 cpus=1. If I remove the cpus=1, I get a backtrace in FakeSMC, with dependency on com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily (See screenshot) and the system is stuck at 'Still waiting for root device'.

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this backtrace so that the system can boot normally without the cpus=1?

Many thanks!

post-20420-0-65157800-1387377783_thumb.jpg

@magnifico, I'll try a re-install with pandora, see if that install fixes that problem. Still curious what's causing this though :)

@PimentelX86, Thanks for your help! But my problem is that it boots fine if I use the 'cpus=1' flag, but then I'm missing a lot of CPU power... If I remove it then this problem occurs. I just read what the lapic fix does.. I can try to use the kernel from: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3606-109-ivy-bridge-e-atom-lapic-fix-kernel/ to see if that solves the problem..

@magnifico, I'll try a re-install with pandora, see if that install fixes that problem. Still curious what's causing this though :)

@PimentelX86, Thanks for your help! But my problem is that it boots fine if I use the 'cpus=1' flag, but then I'm missing a lot of CPU power... If I remove it then this problem occurs. I just read what the lapic fix does.. I can try to use the kernel from: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3606-109-ivy-bridge-e-atom-lapic-fix-kernel/ to see if that solves the problem..

i see from you image that you have problem on cpu sensor...try Pandora ...end of story

PS: wich version you use of fake.smc?

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help! I've managed to solve the backtrace by installing FakeSMC v6.0.987. The problem of not booting without cpus=1 was caused by a missing VoodooTSCSync.kext. 

Now everything seems to work perfectly! Hopefully the new MacPro kernel will be available soon so that even less tweaking is necessary...