• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
stank89

Successful 10.9 Install No QE/QI

10 posts in this topic

Hello all!

Long time reader, first time poster. I built my friend a 10.6 hackintosh in 2009, after a bunch of troubleshooting I got everything working correctly(thanks to this site). Recently he broke it somehow and instead of trying to fix it, we decided to start fresh and install 10.9. I successfully got it installed and able to boot with only a few things not working (ethernet,sound,graphics,cmos). To fix these issues, i installed the following:

-DSDT for my board (GA-EP45T-UD3LR) from the downloads section

-Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx v0.0.90 to get network working

-AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

-FakeSMC v5.3.820

-3rd Party SATA

I also installed this AppleHDA.kext to get sound working (attached below)

For the life of me i cannot get full acceleration to work, and I'm stuck on 1280x1024. About my mac identifies the card correctly. I tried different nvidia injectors, GraphicsEnabler=no/yes, safe mode, and 32-bit mode but no luck. Here is my specs:

Motherboard - GA-EP45T-UD3LR

Video Card-Geforce 9800GTX+ 512mb (Device ID - 0x0613)

Processor - Intel Quad Core Q9650 3.00GHz

Ram - 8GB DDR3 Corsair XMS3 RAM

I also uploaded my DSDT, smbios, chameleon.Boot.plist, and apple.Boot.plist. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, I'm losing my mind trying to get this working.

Link to dropbox with all files -https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b472k6ijk8euwak/l1UlMD0heq

Advertisement

Delete GeForceTesla.kext (backup kext first)

Good Hack

I deleted all Geforce and ATI kexts and left GraphicsEnabler=Yes but still no luck

Try GraphicsEnabler=No (without GeForceTesla.kext), others nVidia kext are necessary

Ok I replaced all nvidia kexts besides tesla and did GraphicsEnabler=No

My graphics now says "Display 3 MB" and my resolution has been bumped down to 1024x768

I tried to install NVEnabler, now it lists my card but changed GTX to GTK and still no acceleration

Have you deleted NVenabler.kext?

I suspect that the Mavericks might not support the nVidia 7xxx, 8xxx and 9xxx series

Have you deleted NVenabler.kext?

I suspect that the Mavericks might not support the nVidia 7xxx, 8xxx and 9xxx series

Yes it doesn't change anything for me with it installed or not, I also tried NVEnabler 64

You can try to generate a EFI string with EFI studio or OSX86Tools for your graphics card

P.S. Your system works well with Mountain Lion, if your graphic card are not recognized by Mavericks, i suggest you install Mountain Lion 

Sorry for my bad english

Good Hack

EDIT: Try nVidia Kext from 10.9 DP8:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292483-fixed-nvidia-9400gt-1024mb-on-109-gm/?p=1953198

post #3