InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hey guys,

I'm a total newbie when it comes to building computers. The main issue that I'm having right now is picking the parts (like every newbie has trouble with). These are the parts I have decided right now:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K 3.2 GHz 6 Cores

Motherboard: Asus P9X79 ATX LGA2011

RAM: Corsair Vengence 16 GB DDR3-1600

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM

CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (May change)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 750W Semi-Modular

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B3ST

Monitor: Asus VX238H 23"

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jaxonschriever/saved/33I1

I've looked up a couple YouTube videos and articles that say I can use these parts, but I'm just making sure that they all work.

I have another question as well. I'm going to be using this computer for video editing (Premiere, After Effects, etc) and light gaming (Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, etc) and I'm wondering if these are good parts for these purposes. If not, how can I improve on this? I would like suggestions for cases mostly, because I'm not fond of the stereotypical black boxes that most cases are. And yes, I've looked into the modified G5 route for a case, but I'm not going to take the effort for that.

So will these parts work, how can I improve on them, suggestions for cases and any other advice you guys have for someone starting out in building a hackintosh.

Thanks!

-Jaxon

Advertisement

I don't have the answer to your query but have a suggestion for consideration in responses.

The i7-4930k instead of the i7-3930k.

May result in a change of motherboard or other parts in your setup, but for a similar (or possibly lower) price it seems to offer a little more power.

I don't know how compatible it is with osx86 though, so I'll leave that for others to comment on.

hi !

go to read rampagedev blog to know it !

he is the x79 master and may even have a dsdt ready for your board (not sure though)

regards

jj