Intel HD3000 glitches & freezes

heddhunter

3 posts in this topic

I get occasional graphic glitches with the HD3000. Looks like blue horizontal lines in random places across a window. Quitting and restarting an app usually fixes it. Sometimes it takes out the entire machine though. I can ssh in from my laptop, but the Hack itself is useless.

Is there a software fix I can try?

If not, can someone recommend a decent fanless graphic card? Silence is more important to me than graphics power - I'm not a gamer, I'm a musician. That said, if I were to get a card, it would be nice to get one that could support a duallink DVI 2560x1440 27" monitor.

Hey...

If you want a ok-ish :P graphics card, I'd recommend the Sapphire HD6570 1GB... It is oob and has dvi-dual link, hdmi, and vga and all 3 ports work, including vga. Yes, I know it has a fan, but its completely silent...

Hey...

If you want a ok-ish :P graphics card, I'd recommend the Sapphire HD6570 1GB... It is oob and has dvi-dual link, hdmi, and vga and all 3 ports work, including vga.

Thanks for the tip.  Looks like they don't make that anymore.  I was looking for a fanless card anyway.