SAMMultimedia ERROR + VMware

escii

9 posts in this topic

Hi!

I just downloaded 10.4.6 JaS from bit torrent and it keeps crashing saying "SAM Multimedia: Read or Write failed". I had a look around at older topics and they said it could be because of a bad DVD but i'm using a

iso image in vmware!

Any help would be much apreciated, thanks.

w00t, mounting the image with daemon tools, and it works!! yay im in the installer but when i get to the bit to select a volume to install nothing shows up... anyone know how to fix this so my virtual disk is shown?

You have to go into Disk Utility in the Utilities menu and format the disk as MacOS Extended Journaled.

Later in the installation, when you are asked to click the Install button, you must first click the Customize button and select packages for your computer. Click the little arrow in front of the patches category to reveal the individual packages. Select Intel or AMD, not both. Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the Combo Update to get the latest OSX version. Select other packages only if your computer can use them.