Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

I have an old core 2 duo computer, a compaq p5925 EPA that gives me still waiting for root device when installing anything from the dvd. If i make usb insatalls och external dvdrw drive it gets perfect. It runs snow leopard and lion and mountain lion and even mavericks if i install from usb. What is this problem is there anything i can do or do i need to just buy a new internal dvdrw drive and hope for som luck its supported or is there a way to test it. If i put my other dvdrw drive from my other computer it boots without still waiting for root device so i think its something with this dvdrw. The dvd drive is an Toshiba TS-H653.