Dell E520 with 10.9 - Boot Panic Help

andreamike

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm trying to install Maverick on an old Dell E520 with dual core, the installation is successful. I run the first boot with-x -v, after installing the kext with the last [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] the comuputer gives me this error, what can I do? Some advice? The computer still run in safely mode.

Boot%20Panic%203.jpg

I ran 10.5 and 10.6 on my E520 for years. It ran quite well. Install guide was here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/192626-dell-e520-snow-leopard-1062-install-guide/

Recollection is it only installs on 1st HDD -- others panic.

Another issue was Chameleon never loaded properly when installed normally.

I had to load it from Linux partition with Grub.

I turned my E520 into a private World of Warcraft server, so its not running OS X anymore.

BTW, you can upgrade it to a Core2Quad Q6700 and 8GB -- I did. Those old processors are affordable on EBay.

I use myHack to do the basic install, using a USB stick. 

I had to ensure BIOS was set to "RAID ON" . I also had to updated the myHack install usb by adding a AHCIPortInjector into the /extra/extensions folder

With this method I was able to install to either of the internal SATA drives. 

After install I use Chameleon Wizard to instal the latest version of Chameleon and I  remove myHack.kext from /s/l/e/ and make my own /extra folder. This give me more flexibility to updates components that are part of myHack

Its been awhile , but maybe this helps:

One issue with the E520 BIOS is you have no AHCI setting. You can either use ATA (slow) or RAID.

Recollection is you have to add the device ID (Ven 8086 Dev 2822) to AHCIPortInjector.

Another issue is you can install to other drives, but OS X could not find root device unless booted off a disk attached to the 1st SATA port (which is marked SATA0 on the motherboard).