Sleep only from selecting sleep from Apple menu.

thevoiceover

3 posts in this topic

My current build will not go to sleep when I setup via energy preferences. I test this by putting the computer to sleep after one minute.  The display does turn off after the one minute, but I can wait over five minutes and it still doesn't sleep. The odd part is when I select sleep from the Apple menu, it goes right to sleep (the same when I press the power button and select sleep.) I have checked my kernel assertions and they are all at 0.  

Does anyone know why this could be happening? I always thought the "call" for sleep was the same, what is different about the energy preference timed sleep?

----FIXED    I cleaned an old section in my DSDT from a leftover network card (Atheros making it Airport friendly) and regenerated my SSDT..     It wasn't working after this, but finally went to sleep w/ darkwake=10 after 4 minutes of wait.

boot with darkwake=10, disable wake on ethernet in both system preferences and bios.

Still a no go, tried waiting 2 minutes after the monitor turned off and it still doesn't sleep.. I did notice a change though, doing it this way will no longer let my computer go to sleep even from the apple menu.  I can't seem to find all the different darkwake options, do you know the numbers I can test?