Mavericks using 3GB out of 4GB on startup!

0mar32

40 posts in this topic

After all I returned to Mountain Lion, working stable.

Behaviour of Mavericks looks more like issue with SATA controller. IMHO.

0mar32, have you removed AppleHPET kext? I remembered about it only after installing ML.

What about AppleHPET??

Removing AppleHPET kext is for USB problems, that is my knowledge on the matter

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5470580

This basically explains everything. The new memory management model isn't a blunder, it just reduces swap usage on your hard drive which ACTUALLY slows the system down.

Also, there's a small chance that you could just, well I don't know, get 6-8 GBs of ram if you're so worried about it. Just a thought.

Removing AppleHPET kext is for USB problems, that is my knowledge on the matter

In my case it's also affects PCI slots, some times cards (Net & USB) not detected, sometimes internal Net adapter.

I don't think that its memory problem, because mouse still moving, some GUI working, looks like system cannot access HDD, but nothing interesting at System Console(( Also I have MacBookPro late 2011, 4Gb RAM, it uses 3,9 almost all the time, but as user I see no problems, everything working fine....

:)

hardware AMD/4 go ram 

uh?

although Maveriks works with 3 GB of RAM 4 GB of available ScreenFlow + Parallels are 4 go!? no more and work very well with Lion 10.7 that works with 1 GB of RAM 4 GB of available ScreenFlow + Parallels reach 3.3 GB of RAM!? I especially think that the shared memory is already existing applications unopened unlike Lion 10.7 which combines the open position to business applications, video makes clear,

I have not noticed any slowdown Maveriks I would even say better run Lion 10.7 or 10.6  ;)

250973Lion1075.png

501725Capturedcran20131201192118.png

What issue?!?!? If there is another issue make a new tread else there is no issue. 

....the system like reboots within the OS, everything closes and some apps get closed and some restart, sometimes it freezes all together with only the mouse moving.

What about that? Memory leaks was only first idea because of mavericks way to use it all.

So as a follow up, I've increased my RAM to 8GB and still the problem persists, thought it was that GoogleSoftwareUp process so I disabled it, still the same problem!

So after reading thoroughly, it seems that my problems is graphics card related! Anyone here ever heard of the Fermi Freeze, that's what I have, unfortunately, up until now all the solutions I've tried have decreased the frequency of the crash/Fermi Freeze but it is still happening.

If anyone has anything to add please do :D

So as a follow up, I've increased my RAM to 8GB and still the problem persists, thought it was that GoogleSoftwareUp process so I disabled it, still the same problem!

So after reading thoroughly, it seems that my problems is graphics card related! Anyone here ever heard of the Fermi Freeze, that's what I have, unfortunately, up until now all the solutions I've tried have decreased the frequency of the crash/Fermi Freeze but it is still happening.

If anyone has anything to add please do :D

I had the same problem with the infamous fermi freeze.  Use the app from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291300-fermi-freeze-investigation/?do=findComment&comment=1939732

I haven't had an issue since using the freezefix app.