How to get Bluetooth (and other hardwares) back when using KernelCache

copperboy

3 posts in this topic

I had a fully working hackintosh until 10.8.4. In 10.8.5, sound doesn't work. In 10.9, not only sound, but also bluetooth stopped working from time to time -- sometimes I had to repair my wireless keyboard, sometimes my bluetooth even failed to connect to anything.

In 10.8.5 and 10.9, sound needs a new DSDT. Let me focus on the bluetooth here.

At first, I solved the bluetooth problem by setting UseKernelCache to No. But soon I found if I booted with kernel cache once, I shall never get bluetooth back to work again. I reinstalled the whole 10.9, and did the least patch:

1. Install Chimera-v2.2.1.pkg

2. Put DSDT.aml, org.chameleon.Boot.plist (IMPORTANT: set UseKernelCache to No) and smbios.plist to /Extra

3. Use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install (All extracted from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 6.0) :

(1) AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext

(2) AppleHDA.kext

(3) AppleRTC.kext

(4) FakeSMC.kext

(5) RealtekRTL81xx.kext

After these 3 steps I got a fully working 10.9 hackintosh build.

And this time, I will not use kernel cache.

I googled and found that I need to edit AppleKextExcludeList.kext ( copy to desktop, edit with vi, and then install it back with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url])

I opened the Info.plist (terminal.app and then vi), delete almost everything in the <dict>, leaving only one entry.

And then reboot my system (Still UseKernelCache=No), open terminal.app, execute the commands:

1. cd /System/Library/Cache

2. sudo rm -r com.apple.kext.caches

3. cd ~

4. sudo kextcache -update-volume / (a huge list will appear along with an alert window, just press OK)

5. set UseKernelCache=Yes

6. Reboot

Now everything worked.

Please download the zip, and you will see my:

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

AppleKextExcludeList.kext

kernelcache-fix.zip

I still dont see on how bluetooth got fix with this "howTo". This is purely about kextcache and nothing more, and you are saying that setting UseKernelCache to NO and YES fixed your bluetooth which doesnt make sense at all.

Sorry.

I still dont see on how bluetooth got fix with this "howTo". This is purely about kextcache and nothing more, and you are saying that setting UseKernelCache to NO and YES fixed your bluetooth which doesnt make sense at all.

Sorry.

First, you need a working bluetooth dongle. As I said, the bluetooth worked perfectly normal on 10.8.4.

I found that on Mavericks, when I booted the machine with UseKernelCache=Yes, my bluetooth just didn't work. This is caused by the AppleKextExcludeList.kext.

My howTo is to tell people that a little patch on the AppleKextExcludeList.kext and rebuild the kext cache is LIKELY to solve the problems.

One more thing, I need to define the word "problem" here.

Problem: Hardware that worked with any hackintosh version prior 10.8.4 stopped working on Mavericks.

So if you have hardware that does not work at all with any hackintosh versions, this howTo just doesn't help.