[Solved] MacOSX - Various problems

sevire

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I installed MacOSX 10.4.7 (JaS) two weeks ago and started playing with. But i still have unsolved problems you may answer (or not ...):

1) Is it possible to autosend boot option ? I'm using each time "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@75". I would like to make it auto.

2) I'm getting "Unable to mount disk" at startup because it looks like MacOSX try to automount my slave HD, wich has FFS filesystem on it. I just won't it to try. Where's fstab ? /etc/fstab is no longer used it seems.

3) I have many keyboard issues (Cordless desktop optical, not usb). It's a french keyboard, the layout is azerty and it works (selected keyboard type and system language in Sys Prefs) but many keys aren't where they are supposed to be, like @= and many more. Also keybinding isn't working well.

Ok let's say these are main problems.

Thanks for any help :)

System informations:

Pentium IV (SSE2 level) 2.4ghz, Geforce FX 5600, Philips 190S5, Sound Blaster Live 5.1 (No sound: no driver).

I had similar keyboard problems.. mine were due to a kvm emulating a mac keyboard while using a mac keyboard.. if you use a kvm ( mine is an ATEN ) .. Try plugging directly to the machine..

Abysmal

1. Solved.

2. Solved.

3. Solved.

May I add one please ? :)

4. Is it possible to make a Sound Blaster Live 5.1 working or not ? I tried different tips but none worked. That's the really last one of my problems and it could be very nice if I had sound.

Thanks Rammjet :)