My Ram Upgrade Broke my USB Wifi!

ben5628

4 posts in this topic

Board: p7p55d, latest BIOS revision

RAM: 3x4 gb 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance LP @ 1333mhz

The USB Wifi is this guy, the DWA 131: http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Wireless-Network-Adapter-DWA-131/dp/B002VJL0OI

I run my wifi through an app called Wireless Network Utility, with two kexts called RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext and RTL8192SU8.kext.

Before I upgraded my ram from a measly 4gb, there was never an issue. Now, however, after I plug in the USB, Wireless Network Utility gives me an endless loop of Connected! at full speed for about 4-5 seconds before the signal drops altogether and I see "Disconnected" :( I am glad my system still recognizes the USB (for a bit) but I can't actually use my Wifi, even for a second. 

I tried reinstalling both the Wireless Utility app and those two network kexts. Obviously, I tried taking out the USB stick multiple times and in different ports, as well as restarting my router several times. I also tried creating/deleting profiles and locations respectively in the Wireless Utility app and the network prefs pane, renewing my DHCP lease, changing my MTU from Auto to 1486, and crying my eyes out. I can't escape this loop of connected/disconnected.

I'm all out of ideas here and I could really appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Ben