Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Graphics card advise for HP dc7900 CMT

12 posts in this topic

Hello I have a HP dc7900 CMT running Mavericks. It has three  1Tb drives, 8Gb ram and the stock HP dc7900 CMT motherboard, the on board graphics card is the GMA 4500 which I have working in 1024 x 780 resolution(the only resolution option). I Would like to get a new Graphics card at least 1gb I know of two that are compatible with the hardware  but not sure if these are compatible with the mac OS.

Or if anyone has any better options that would work with the mac os than the two above please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

thank you very much i will check these out!

would this card be acceptable?

And Do i Have to do anything special to get it working or is it plug N play?

Thanks, im anticipating its arrival. Its kinda a funny story why I started the conversion to hackontosh. I got into a game called galaxy on fire I came across on steam but it was a partial version for windows. My wife was really sweet and offered me to use her mac mini I bought the game and played for about an hour and she started wiggin out like most women do. So I said screw this and started the conversion. Moral of story woman will do anything they can to find a reason to nag.