Help for ATI 4570 QE/CI

peppeuz

40 posts in this topic

No, only my display (and I don't actually care if VGA or HDMI will never work... :D )

Trying Alex framebuffer right now.

EDIT: Geo, did you uploaded me the "original" kext or the one you modified with your framebuffer?
I'm asking this because I'm not able to find your framebuffer values you posted on page 1...

So I didn't get you if you make Graphics working?

The order of lines is not so important. Usually for the first line, we choose that display which we use most. I think it's internal display that is LDVS.

Edit 1

---

Oh sorry. Haven't seen your messages on the second page. Let me think why it doesn't work for you

So I didn't get you if you make Graphics working?

The order of lines is not so important. Usually for the first line, we choose that display which we use most. I think it's internal display that is LDVS.

Thanks, I did manage to get it working in the end, although there's still some bugs, OpenGL functions (not sure which) seem to caused the machine to freeze, so some OpenGL apps are not working, but everything else seems perfect!

EDIT: Geo, did you uploaded me the "original" kext or the one you modified with your framebuffer?

I'm asking this because I'm not able to find your framebuffer values you posted on page 1...

It's a modified one, but I didn't mention I fiddled with some values since then, here's what I'm using now:

02000000 40000000 0901 0000 12 01 00 07
10000000 10000000 0001 0000 00 10 01 01
00080000 04020000 0001 0000 10 00 02 02

I think It's possible it could be your kernel cache, try adding -f to the boot arguments

First of all, There are for kext responsible for Graphics.

AMDSupport

AMD4600Controller

AMDFramebuffer

AMDRadeonX3000

and all of them should be the same version.

I advice you to return my kext and boot without caches by Clover. And look at Console what happened with AMD4600Controller.

Well, here's my situation: all the kext are named with ATI at the beginning of the name (not AMD), but inside the MacOS the actual controller is named with AMD.
Such as:
ATISupport.kext (that contains AMDSupport)

ATI4600Controller (AMD4600Controller)

ATIFramebuffer (AMDFramebuffer).

Last but not least, I don't have any RadeonX3000, only RadeonX2000. Should I download it?
And about the kext name, I guess it's the same thing. right?

EDIT: BTW i put my kext back, the one Geo gave me had a different version.

No, it's alright with my kext. I'm still able to boot with high-res with chameleon Peregrine but without QE/CI.
Now I was trying again with clover without caches but with your settings, Alex, now something strage happens: when it has finally loaded all the stuffs, the PC reboots. When I boot without the -v option, the Apple logo appears but it suddenly reboots. Any suggestion?

Please guys, don't give up on me :( 
I tried really any combination of Framebuffer and Clover settings, but I got nothing.
Alex, I followed your tutorial hundreds of times, but I'm not able to make it works. Am I doing something wrong or is it possible that FB values aren't correct?
Today I tried to boot with an external monitor (via VGA) and I can see something, but It's all very fuzzy and QE/CI is definitely not working. 

I'm kinda desperate, so here's a zipped folder with the kext (and plugin/bundle) I'm using and the Clover settings. 
If anyone could take a look it would be very very helpful.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8cVbXMLELqqMWt2ODV1bV9KT2s/edit?usp=sharing

Moreover, I've another question: does my installed chameleon (and its settings) influence in any way the boot using Clover from USB?

Moreover, I've another question: does my installed chameleon (and its settings) influence in any way the boot using Clover from USB?

If you're booting from the USB your clover installation on your HDD will have no effect.

The rebooting issue seems especially odd, If you're getting a black screen after applying the Shrike patch, this is good. It (probably) means it's loading the patch, but you've got the wrong values.

I'm pretty confident we'll get there with your setup as it's very similar to mine, however, I've got no experience with this on Mountain Lion, only Mavericks. It took an awful lot of time however! I'd personally recommend doing a clean install with Mavericks because it seems faster than ML - but that may not be possible if you're using old kexts to get your system running.

To get the values right you'll be doing a lot of rebooting and trial and error, I used clover to apply the patch making this easier, and reduces the possibility of error with kext permissions and whatnot:

<key>ATIConnectorsController</key>
<string>4600</string>
<key>ATIConnectorsData</key>
<string>020000004000000009010000020100030200000000010000090100002001020200040000040300000001000010000101</string>
<key>ATIConnectorsPatch</key>
<string>020000004000000009010000120100071000000010000000000100000010010100080000040200000001000010000202</string> 

^ I put this inside <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>, it searches ATI4600Controller.kext for the string in ATIConnectorsData and replaces it with the string in ATIConnectorsPatch. The ATIConnectorsData string is the unmodified Shrike framebuffer personality Alex gave you.

(make sure you reset to the vanilla kexts! It's important that you can find the ATIConnectorsData Shrike string in ATI4600Controller)

It's worth learning how you create your own framebuffer personality, it's actually relatively simple when you get into it and will make it much easier when you're trying to figure out which numbers to change! This post explains things pretty well http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/252061-mobility-radeon-hd-4650full-resolution-with-qe-ci-working-on-internal-lvds-screen/?do=findComment&comment=1655182

So a port configuration, like for LVDS, breaks down like this:

(CCCCCCCC) Contector Type	
(AAAAAAAA) ATY,ControlFlags	
(FFFF)	   Features			   
(????)	   unknown
(TT)	   Transmitter
(EE)	   Encoder
(HH)	   HotplugID
(SS)	   SenseID

CCCCCCCC AAAAAAAA FFFF ???? TT EE HH SS

Most of these we can be sure of, we're only really interested in changing SS, EE, maybe TT and the last two of features, --FF

The post I linked roughly explains how to find these values, but I had to do a lot of searching on the forums. Mine should look pretty similar, for LVDS it's

02000000 40000000 0901 0000 12 01 00 07

and I've not changed the others. (HDMI & VGA)

Also, it's worth looking at these a lot when changing clover config.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration#Config.plist-structure#

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/

especialy this section http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics

I hope it goes well, good luck!