Mavericks ALC898/899 Boot issue

ledbetter14

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, so close to Mavericks now...

I have my graphics sorted (GTX560), ethernet is good (Broadcom), the only thing keeping me in safe mode is my audio. I have a Asrock z77 Extreme4 which I believe is a ALC899. People seem to be having luck with various 898 kexts but I am not. I got a non safe mode boot once (still no sound) after installing the latest voodooHDA but it crashed out eventually and would only boot safe afterwards. No other voodoo version has worked. Any ideas?

I can't seem to get ethernet working on build 13A603. I'm running the same motherboard as you, could you point me to the kext you're using? and DSDT? Thanks.

I was able to use the multi.beast included ALC898 kext without DSDT right out of the box, no safe mode required.

Here you go mate, this should work. Just place it inside IONetworkingFamily,kext in S/L/E. Make sure you dig through to the actual kext in the zip, it wasnt working for me then I realised the folder structure was actually AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext/AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext/Contents... I sure felt like an idiot :) DHCP works on this for me too, I just had to remove and then re-add my ethernet adapter in system preferences. 

Another person who has ALC898 working... this is killing me! What version of M.B was that?

AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext.zip

I restored AppleHDA.kext, IOAudioFamily.kext from my mavericks installer using Kext Utility & deleted HDAenabler.kext. I then used MB to install the ALC898 without DST kext, ran kext utility again to check the cache and rebooted with -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I get sound assertion errors in AppleHDAEnabler & AppleGenericCodec. Safe Mode boots with -v -x GE=Yes. Any thoughts?