FYI: Carbon Copy Cloner with Mavericks

BJMoose

8 posts in this topic

This is just some info about CCC and Mavericks.  I've just installed my main system with Mavericks GM and amazingly, once I managed to create my USB installer, everything works well...some things work even better and easier than with 10.8.5.  One of the things that I noticed on my Asrock system is that the current version of CCC cannot be installed with Mavericks.  While trying to install, I get a message saying the this version is not completely compatible with this OS.  Frustrated because I just purchased a copy, I did some research and found that Bombich does have a beta version for download (version 3.5.3) that is being tested on Mavericks.  I downloaded it and it works flawlessly (as far as I can tell) and I'm able to use my 3.5.2 serial key with the beta version just fine.

What do you use the cloner for ?

I create an IMG of my HD with Mav Utilities and restored it on usb and 2nd HD .

both work fine.

Hi, For me, CCC is much faster and makes it extremely fast and easy for incremental backups.  I have 3 SSD's, for backups.  One is for practice and the other 2 are for adding tweaks once they've been perfected.  If I happen to mess up something on my practice SSD, I can erase it and CCC one of the perfected copies.  I do however use Maverick's utilities to create an image of my basic Maverick installation for if I want to start all over again with newer versions of clover or chameleon.

Hi Guys,

I am surprise that some of you you have problem with CCC 3.5.2 into Mavericks. I installed the older version of CCC3.5.1 on Mavericks GM with no issues at all. It backs-up fine and fast.

I cloned it several times and I have no problem at all.