Constantly have to boot ML with -x? Help!

njmingz

2 posts in this topic

Setup:

CPU : i5-4670

Motherboard : Gigabyte H87-D3H

GPU : HIS RADEON HD5770 ICEQ5

Wifi : DLINK DWA-160

Hi, I have been trying to install Mountain Lion into my PC. I had been able to finish the Mountain Lion installation with the USB drive that I have created with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.1.1 and ML 10.8.5 downloaded from the Mac app store.

The only problem that I am currently facing now is that I have to constantly boot in safe mode(-x) and with GraphicsEnabler=No. I have tried the following boot flags and situations but to no avail.

Test 1: Tried with npci=0x3000 or npci=0x2000 (both times with GraphicsEnabler=No)

When this were entered, booting gets stuck at loading "com.apple.applefscompressiontypedataless".

Test 2: Tried with GraphicsEnabler=No and not in safe mode

When this boot flags were entered, booting gets stuck at "PCI Configuration Begin"

Test 3: Tried with GraphicsEnabler=No and safe mode

When this boot flags were entered, boots up nicely. However, certain applications, like safari, experiences flickering and stuttering. I guess might be due to the fact that GraphicsEnabler=No.

Does anyone knows what I can do, to boot up ML without me interrupting it and if the flickering and stuttering can go away. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...