Asus X201E QE/CI graphics acceleration

macleX

3 posts in this topic

Hi all!

Just got this cheap handy 2nd hand Asus X201E notebook. Very light, nice looking so i was thinking - why not turn it into some kind of Air model?

I managed to install Mountain Lion 10.8.2, after a couple of days made the graphics run smooth, sound is ok, everything looks almost good BUT no way to watch a video on that little thing. It's either black playback on VLC or all jerky with QT.. after doing some research it looks like i'm still totally lacking the QE/CI function.

It was not easy to get the specifications but it seems like being a Sandy Bridge Celeron 847 with Intel HD graphics apparently based on HD2000 chipset.

I did the research, I looked over the forums - for a looong time. I installed hundreds of kexts. Still no watchable video.. Apparently you can get graphics acceleration with a HD3000 sandy bridge architecture, or older Arrandale GMA HD graphics but I couldn't get a clear answer for that in-between architecture.

So all I'm asking here is a YES (and a solution, please) or a final NO so I can finally get some sleep :)

Help!

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 1.7.0. Installed with default options + laptop install, I had to play a little with the bios: disable XHCI Pre-Boot Mode, disable Fastboot, enable Launch CSM to be able to boot the usb bar. I had to use the safe mode (-x flag) to get the installer working, then same flag to bootup first time. Then installed a few kexts found here and there (I'll post the links later if you need) and I got it working. Except for the graphic acceleration..