Kext Installation / Device Upgrading

Pikkard

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Have managed to get a basic build up and running. Had to remove the nVidia GE 210 so am currently running off mdb VGA.For info, I'm using a Gigabyte G41M-ES2H mdb and have set the appropriate BIOS settings.

My question is now how to add the nVidia. What is best practise to adding devices - bearing in mind I was never able to get the system to boot with this card in. I tried 4 loaders - myHack, Kakewalk, the guide on here and the man who shall not be named!  ^_^

The other devices, audio, LAN etc are not installed but I'm confident I can add these reasonably easy using the various resources on sites.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Hi, I don't know much about nvidia cards but you most probably will be able to boot with your card into safe mode by adding the -x switch at your boot loader. Functionality will be limited, you will only have software acceleration for example, but it should be enough for the start.

From what I have read, OS X already has drivers for your card but it needs to be "hooked up". Try enabling Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler option. The utility Chameleon Wizard might be a good place to start with.