AppleIntelCpu KP

ChrisReno1234

5 posts in this topic

After i updated to the mavericks gm every thing seems to be in order except my kernel panic by appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext. Here is a pic below. Made sure my permissions where repaired, cache was clean ect, but to no avail. I even tried reinstalling the original dp1 appleintelcpu. If it means anything i have an HP PROBOOK 4530s. I even tried enabling generic p-state and c state. Excuse my grammar please, I'm boarder line passed out right now from a long day and then trying to debug this situation. Thanks.

post-1184478-0-67600700-1381287431_thumb.jpg

post-1184478-0-86035200-1381287435_thumb.jpg

Were you previously using a patched appleintelcpupowermanagement? or is this the first time you're installing osx on this pc? And don't do that bios patch, to my knowledge the 4530s does not have uefi so I don't think it will work. Also I would recommend using a macbookpro8,1 smbios instead of macpro3,1.

I ended up removing appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext when I got a kp from it via terminal booting up from my usb. So all I was left with was the appleintelcpupowermanagement kext from my original install aka mavericks dp1. Every thing seems to be giving me a kp no matter which one I use. Im not aware if there is a pre patched cpupowermanagement kext that is installed with the pro book installer either. I used the most current version. And I'm switching my smbios to that now. What doesn't make any sense is that when i close the lid it still goes to sleep. And I'm talking about after i completely remove power management kext. However It doesn't go to sleep when manually go to click the sleep button. Thank you for the advice. my pro book does have some sort of uefi but I disable it because it seems to be experimental. I say so because when you enable it in bios it gives a warning saying "this option is not covered by hp warranty" or something like that.