Cannot wake Thinkpad from hibernate mode

germanicus

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a fully working OS X 10.8.5 on my Lenovo Thinkpad R61 with Core2Duo T7250. Also Sleep is partially working. I used chameleon wizard to generate C-States and P-States. I also activated "Enable C2, C3, C4-States" and "CST using System IO" (whatever that means). "Drop SSDT" is off. I also set "Darkwake=10" in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. When I click on "Ruhezustand" which means "sleep mode" in english, it goes to sleep and is waking up with a short tip on the power button. The system is then instantly on without booting. On the Thinkpads case there's a moon icon lighting, when this sleep-mode is activated. When I close the lid during normal operation, sleep is also working. It beeps and goes to sleep (with moon icon lighting).

My problem:

If some time goes by (some hours, e.g. at night), the Thinkpad goes to hibernate mode, i assume. Then the moon icon is off, the cpu fan is running and i cannot wake the Laptop any more with a tip on the power button or keyboard or mouse. Only chance to get it running again is to press the power button for 5 seconds. Then it shuts down and i can boot it up the normal way. That's really not satisfying because open files are not closed and the file system gets screwed some time. ;-)

My question:

I am very comfortable with the "normal" sleep mode. I do not really need the hibernate mode (if it would work, it would be nice though). Is it possible to deactivate this hibernate mode in a easy way (maybe deactivate some c-state/p-state in chameleon wizard?)? Or is there a easy way to wake up my Thinkpad from that hibernate mode?

Thanks in advance.

germanicus

Hardware: Lenovo Thinkpad R61, Core2Duo T7250 (2 GHz), 3GB RAM, NV140M

Software: OS X 10.8.5 (smbios set to Macbook Pro 3,1), DSDT from T61p

So, the solution is probably in this 2 links:

http://wingedboar.net/2012/02/20/disable-safesleep-hibernation-mac-os-x/ and http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=2012060101021939

I have now set 

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

and 

sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

We'll see, if this really turns the solution for the pain. I'll come back.  :D