How to make work HD 6770 on Lion?

ghost9685

49 posts in this topic

You should already have it if you're on Lion. It's in your System/Library/Extras folder. It's also 3 kexts, not 1. You need to add your device-ID to ATI 5000 controller, ATI 6000 controller and 3000X. Should work then... QE/CI is another mystery I'm trying to solve atm. 

I have a Radeon HD 6750. So, if you get QE/CI to work, please tell me how. 

Uhhh no not exactly. 

QE/CI is accelerated graphics and certain applications use it as well as the OS for Aesthetics. Having trying to turn QE/CI on via GraphicsEnabler=yes can sometimes cause a black screen, as can a lot of other things.

Kexts are kinda like folders, so you right click and show package contents... You look for "Info.plist" and open that with text edit and look for

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

You will see right under it <string> 0x68bf1002 0x 10045964 </string> A whole bunch of different numbers between "<string></string>"

You must put your dev-ID in between string under "IOPCIMatch" key. 
There's so many guides to finding your Device ID. Here's one. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/36764-how-to-tips-for-finding-vendor-and-device-ids/

• Like 1

Uhhh no not exactly. 

QE/CI is accelerated graphics and certain applications use it as well as the OS for Aesthetics. Having trying to turn QE/CI on via GraphicsEnabler=yes can sometimes cause a black screen, as can a lot of other things.

Kexts are kinda like folders, so you right click and show package contents... You look for "Info.plist" and open that with text edit and look for

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

You will see right under it <string> 0x68bf1002 0x 10045964 </string> A whole bunch of different numbers between "<string></string>"

You must put your dev-ID in between string under "IOPCIMatch" key. 

There's so many guides to finding your Device ID. Here's one. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/36764-how-to-tips-for-finding-vendor-and-device-ids/

thanks a bunch mate.. i will try it :) you have been a great help..btw can u tell me what kext should i install or modify to get audio working :(

thanks a bunch mate.. i will try it :) you have been a great help..btw can u tell me what kext should i install or modify to get audio working :(

Ahh this one is a little tricky and it took me a bit. So, first if you have a microphone in your front 3.5 mm Jack- I would remove it for now because this will cause some noise. It caused some noise for me and it wasn't so nice.

So you have an ASUS M5A88-M.

Ok, for this you should have something like "Azalia". If you find this dev-ID, this will be important later. You may have to do the same thing. 

I would get Voodoo HDA 2.7.2 because this is the kext that worked best for me on Lion 10.7.4.

A lot of times some versions are better than others! If you need more help you can also ask Nataniel4. He's good with Audio.

Ahh this one is a little tricky and it took me a bit. So, first if you have a microphone in your front 3.5 mm Jack- I would remove it for now because this will cause some noise. It caused some noise for me and it wasn't so nice.

So you have an ASUS M5A88-M.

Ok, for this you should have something like "Azalia". If you find this dev-ID, this will be important later. You may have to do the same thing. 

I would get Voodoo HDA 2.7.2 because this is the kext that worked best for me on Lion 10.7.4.

A lot of times some versions are better than others! If you need more help you can also ask Nataniel4. He's good with Audio.

thanks i will see what i can do :)

ok  this is what i did, i opened disk utility selected my Lion disk and did a Repair Disk permission. But it didn't work.

Before that, i want to tell u that i had deleted all Intel and GEforce kexts form S\L\E. 

my boot flags are -v npci=0x3000. however below is my org.chameleon.boot.plist from my extra folder.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>PciRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>npci</key>
<string>0x3000</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

and i am getting this error

Ok, you have an AMD machine- Do you also have an AMD Kernel? You are on Lion, you need to get a Lion AMD Kernel. 

You can use this one if you don't already have one. It should make everything more stable. 

Also, try switching "0x3000" to "0x2000". PCIRootUID=0 also. If the machine boots under new settings you should check and see if your card is recognized. 

3650-ion kernel for amd update 3.zip

asus usually uses pci 0, remove the PCIRootUID or change it to 0. 

only use npci command if boot fails at PCI Configuration begin

did you guys add your id in the Juniper section of amdradeonaccelerator or x3000 ?

hmm you know what, graphics fixed now i am getting full HD display 1920x1080 :D... what i did was there were couple of kexts namely ATI5000Controller and ATI6000Controller in the \Extra folder an d i deleted them. Now i got the graphics working. Yes Lion has the AMDRadeonaccelrator kext. May be it was intalled by my hack app when i created the bootable usb. Well PCIRootUID-=1 worked for me i have added this in my org.chameleon.boot.plist. I have also added npci=0x2000 however i still get stuck in PCI configuration begin if i do not enter this boot flag :(.

i will add the device ID in the Juniper section of the AMDRadeonaccelrator kext and let you know.

Only thing to get worked is the Audio, i tried the voodoo HD kext, but its giving me panic :(

Woah woah wait what? AMD Radeon Acc. Kext is on Lion? I don't have this!! Is this my missing link? 

and I am very glad I was able to help you! Anything else, I will try my best! 

For audio, if you keep getting a Kernel Panic, go back and look and see if there are AppleHDA or any HDA kexts in your S/L/E 

ya, if you want i can upload it for you :).... i think i have seen the Apple HDA, i have deleted this Voodoo kext. What do you suggest me to do..should i modify any thing in this Apple HDA Kext? i also have Realtek 892 kext installed via [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], it seems to be unsuccessfull.

No no no delete anything HDA and THEN install voodoo. These will cause a conflict and that's the reason for your kernel panic. When they are together, they fight and it's not good for your PC.

Yeah if you could upload that, that'd be great! 

Ok, you have an AMD machine- Do you also have an AMD Kernel? You are on Lion, you need to get a Lion AMD Kernel. 

You can use this one if you don't already have one. It should make everything more stable. 

Also, try switching "0x3000" to "0x2000". PCIRootUID=0 also. If the machine boots under new settings you should check and see if your card is recognized. 

just want to ask, will this kernel support FX6100 ?

here you go with the AMDRadeonAccelerator kext 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sgr3wo14gqrxi15/AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext.zip

It's supposed to support all FX Processors. Now, what I suggest is backing up your original Mach_kernel in case something goes wrong. 

Also, you have LION and not MOUNTAIN LION - right? 

Yes Lion...

Voodoo didnt work for me just gives me krrrrrrr krrrrrrr noise...:( will try realtek 892...

And i am getting QE\CI problem :(

hi  guys

just to clarify some things

@ghost9685 -> you said have HD6770 perfectly working with QE/CI enabled under OS  X Lion?

I doubt it is possible because this card is supported since OS X Mountain Lion

there's 3 way to have QE/CI enabled

1) like you did, i.e, just edit 3 kexts with your ID (0x68BA1002)

2) dsdt inject method (my favorite  :P )

for more details, see this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282687-radeon-hd-6770-full-qeci-mountain-lion/

3) flashing your HD6770 to HD5770, your graphics card will work OOB -> Out Of Box