Need help installing OSX 10.4.2 on Intel machine

albertaa

5 posts in this topic

I just bought a legal copy of OSX 10.4.2 from eBay. I checked the HowTo instructions, but they all seem to use an illegal downloaded version. Can someone point me to a HowTo on installing it from a legal disk. I tried to just boot my Intel machine from the OSX disk and it didn't recognize it. My motherboard is an Abit AW8-MAX.

Guest bikedude880

You will not be able to install OS X on your PC without it being an illegal *patched* copy. What you have is a restore disk for an authentic Mac, not an OSX86 install disk. I would recommend looking for a JaS release on your favorite site.

I just bought a legal copy of OSX 10.4.2 from eBay. I checked the HowTo instructions, but they all seem to use an illegal downloaded version. Can someone point me to a HowTo on installing it from a legal disk. I tried to just boot my Intel machine from the OSX disk and it didn't recognize it. My motherboard is an Abit AW8-MAX.

ahhh, bless. I remember I was like that only a few months ago. You'll grow to be a strong bright individual. Just give it some time.

You will not be able to install OS X on your PC without it being an illegal *patched* copy. What you have is a restore disk for an authentic Mac, not an OSX86 install disk. I would recommend looking for a JaS release on your favorite site.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a JaS release?

No worries.

A Jas release is a patched OSX DVD which has been patched by someone who calls themselves Jas. Myz is another person and there are a few more individuals who create them.

So you need to download a patched OSX DVD by Jas or Myz or anyone else.

The names of the DVDs above are ones each of them have created.

Hope that clarifies.