Help needed H87 Zotac

MiniHack

36 posts in this topic

Looks like we did not get the same patched 10.8.4 kernel to start with, yours succesfully fixed the instant reboot problem.  The problem is that once i finished intalling 10.8.5 beta there was noway to use either kext wizard or kext utility (crashing) and i had no choice but to reboot with the modified kernel only.  Now we advance! It is now stuck at an infinite spinning wheel but it is much better and easier to fix than the previous issue, i will try to force your kexts to install and it should be good (specially Fakesms since i get some error messages about that in verbose mode at the end).

Thanks dude.

Glad to help.

Still a bit concerned though on Mavericks as it looks like the native mach_kernel for 10.8.5 and 10.9 may not currently support the board. So might need to always be waiting for release of source code for the mach_kernels and then patch. I hope for your board and for mine that the manufacturers might release a bios that makes them more compatible.

Might I guess be that some cpus in the Haswell range are more compatible than others, so may wait to see what is in the new Mac Mini - probably one of the new Iris Haswell CPUs - and try that. Not really seen anyone else saying they are running a 4430 like me.

I think i will take a break for now and wait until Mavericks is officially released, at that time we may expect much more support from the Hackintosh community.  So far with 10.8.5 i have most stuff working:

-Intel HD 4600 with full acceleration.

-All USB ports (2.0 and 3.0) Nativelly working.
-Blueray working

-Webcam native.

-Audio (voodoohda), could not find a working AppleHDA for my ALC892 so far, i usually work with DSDT edits but mine showns about 140 errors, don't feel like fixing them for now (at least 1 Hour).

-Bluetooth working.

-Keyboard, Fn Keys, Trackpad with 2 fingers scrolling (both horizontal and vertical + disable).

-Keyboard backlight.

Also got an unlocked Bios which have hundreds of options to test, and since i found where my CMOS reset plug is, i will feel free to test different boot options.

Once i get Mavericks working i may consider replacing my WIFI chip (Intel 7260) for an atheros and hope to achieve a perfect hackintosh.

• 4 weeks later...

Some update about our common problem, i did a Pmpatch of the Bios from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-pmpatch-uefi-patching-utility/ , i used my original and unlocked Bios then flashed it again.  This solution fixed all kernel problems and i could easilly install mavericks (up and running now) without any additional modifications to the original kernel or kexts.  Did you already consider this alternative ?  Was thinking that it won't work on the latest H87 and HM87 chipsets, but i can confirm it does.  Also tested everything in windows to see that there are no residual problems with positive results.

Funny you should mention this because I did that earlier today (thanks to Fix It Felix)  and it worked for me too....

I am now stuck further on, but I am at least at a place where I can now do the usual debugging.

The reason that we had all the problems is that under 10.8.5 and Mavericks power management is done by the Kernel for Haswell so you have to have a patched bios or a naturally power patched bios.

Good to know, also tested it late yesterday as i got really desespered and was really glad to see it working.  Also a few bugs but that's the usual stuff to solve.  Shall we expect native CPU power management with any of the existing mac identifiers ? (e.g. macbook air haswell) or at least a working hack without NullCPU?

Well, according to what I have read nullcpu will not make any difference any more as power management is taken care of by the Kernel itself (Pike R Alpha blog) but it will probably take some developer brains to work out exactly how to achieve that properly. It will be a waiting game I think.

At the moment I am now hung during the boot process for the GM (stuck around an IObluetooth message but I fully expect this is actually not a bluetooth problem but something else) so the game continues.....at least there is no more instant reboot - anything is better than that.

I assume you created your usb key yourself and used the working chameleon and/clover files from 10.8.5. That's what i did and i had the exact same problem, can't even boot with -x -f (and i confirm, it's not a bluetooth problem) . I went back and created the USB using myhack, then recreated the chameleon files from scratch and could boot with -f first. The next time it was working, it was a weird issue.

Now have working 10.9 as well as proper 10.8.5 installs so looking good.

I used U**beast for the 10.8.5 and myHack for 10.9 - I am at the moment still using -f to boot the 10.9 install but all looks to be going well now. There are a lot of things on my list to get working such as HDMI audio for the integrated graphics, choosing the right framebuffer for my board and then editing and looking at SSDT for injecting the cpu plugin-type 1 and starting with some power management attempts, but I am sure all this stuff will progress very quickly once Mavericks is on general release - which is surely just days away now. 

• Like 1