Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Install lion on precision 690

3 posts in this topic

So i just got a Dell precision 690 and i wanna make it a hackintosh... although i have no clue where to start! my 690 has all the factory parts to it, except the graphics card (ati radeon 3470 hd.) i've been doing a lot of research on the 690 install and no one can give me a clear installation procedure. So could someone make a tutorial where they install lion on the precision 690. it wouldn't just help me, it would also help a lot of other people to that need help.  

hi milkman!!!       your mono has intel 5000x chipset, which was last updated around 2007, so suggest you update your bios and try for os x snow leopard first. also post your specs.

precision 690 specs: 

500 gb stata hdd

4 gbs ram

Intel® Xeon® CPU 5140 @ 2.33GHz

ATI Radeon HD 3470 (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1)

the audio, and lan are all on the computer physically 

so could u pretty plz put together a tutorial, from start to finish on how to install lion or snow leopard on the precision 690?