Sound and Screen Resolution Problems

corogue

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I need help troubleshooting the sound and screen resolution problem on my Hackintosh. I am new at this so, please help me. I am running Mountain Lion inside a virtual machine on VMware Workstation 9. Sound will not work, along with video playback, and I cannot set the screen resolution to my native (1920x1080). My laptop is a Samsung ATIV Book 8 laptop.

Here is the website for it:                                                 http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs/NP880Z5E-X01UB-specs

I can't be sure if it is a problem with Mountain Lion, or VMware Workstation 9. I Appreciate any help this forum gives me.

Thank You!

These are common trouble of VWware. The last time that I used a VMware Player is nearly a year ago. One get sound nearly not to work an the reachable screen size in fullscreen mode is, as I can remember, restricted to HD (1366 x 768). I think with the release of one of the next servicepacks or Mavericks 10.9 you are with your hardware specs are good to go with a vanila install of OSX. If in your bios section are for vga  the options for integrated and switchable gfx -  you have in your system a working HD4000 -,then you are just now right to go. Then your ATI card will probably never work. If there are no options to switch between gfx cards, your output is done bei 8770m.

This card is a successer of ATI series 7 and 6. Under the following link you can find nearer information: http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-8770M.86799.0.html

If you have time you can read this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

You should also have look in the downloadsection and get there Pandora. You have to get an original MountainLion.app to generate  automaticly your usbinstaller. You are guided through the install options. You can do the installer in VMware. Therefore you must activate the usb port for it.

I suggest, that you should do the install on an other harddisk in an external enclosure or exchange the an other disk with your Win8 disk. In any case you need an 8 GB usb-stick.

In your bios you have, if the options are there, set usb to legacy, sata to manual and ahci, bios boot to legacy  and disable secure boot.

Please read in the New User Lounge the pinned topics. You should also put your relevant hardware for easier to support, put in your signature, like many others this have done.

Have fun.

• Like 1