5 posts in this topic

My System:

OSX 10.9 DP1

Asus P8P67LE

Intel Processor  3.31 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

250GB SSD

AMD Radeon HD 7770 1024 MB

Is there any way to tell OSX that the Samsung monitor is the primary display? It tries to use the HDMI and the LG TV tied to it as the primary display right from the boot up sequence.

When using Facetime the person's video whom I am talking to is all messed up. It also happens when I have the mouse Control Panel open and it is playing the videos to display the controls of the mouse. I attached a copy of a screen shot. Youtube and other video sites seem to display fine though. GraphicsEnabler=No is in place if that might have something to do with it. Maybe installing VLC might fix these glitches since it installs different Codecs?

Also, I do not have any access to any of my DVD Drives on the system. My Asus DRW-24B1ST SATA DVD-RW drive is plugged into my first port of my SATA6G, and my HP DVD840 DVD-RW drive is plugged into the the standard IDE port in Master mode. Both drives work fine if I boot to Windows, and both are seen in the BIOS & Boot Up Post Screens. OSX System Information does not list these drives at all.

Today I tried to install the DP6 Combo update to see if it would correct my problems, but that lead to headaches and it required a repair install since it could not draw the gui on boot and went into a loop. 

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tom

post-1203981-0-36756900-1377674822_thumb.png

DSDTExtract .command.zip

• 4 weeks later...

I can live with the video bugs at the moment since Facetime and Skype are not deal breakers for me since I can always use my iPad3 for communications. There is are most of the driver files are loaded as it is fast and transparencies work.

I'd really love to get my DVD-RW drives running. They work fine prior to Mavericks loading, so I could boot to a linux live DVD or a windows DVD without issue. System Info does not list anything in the Disk Burning section other than: No disc burning device was found. If the device is external, make sure it’s connected and turned on. Any help on this is appreciated!