Jas 10.4.6 is periodical hanged after install

chrisyc

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I discovered a problem after I successed to install Jas 10.4.6 DVD on my Acer laptop -TravelMate 630.

There is no any problem when I installed Jas 10.4.6 DVD. And I had selected the Intel SSE2 and other necessary patches during the installation. So, my laptop is able to reboot after finishing the installation and go to System/Account Configuration. However, I found out that mouse cursor will be disappeared after no action for 5-6 seconds during the System Configuration. Given the fact, I need to click left button of mouse or the "enter" key to ensure computer to keep running or be resposeable. Fortunately, I still can finish the account setting with the problem and go to Mac Desktop. Right now, I can run most application, expect the unkonwn "system hang" issue( I donot know what is actual behaviour).

My 10.4.6 seems to be hanged or sleeping frequently and periodically at my normal operation so that mouse cursor disappears(the main visual problem). While I click left button or return, the system will refresh the screen with a noise of Hard Drive reading. The situation is similar as Mac system goes back from sleep mode and the only difference is thzt the screen is not black, just a freezed screen, even if I disable the sleep mode and screen saver.

I doubt if it is related to intel SS2 patch. If yes, I need to study to accept the inconvenience. If not, how can I fix the probelm?

Your support will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I found out the workround solution and it runs well in my osx 10.4.6.

The method is to move AppleACPIThermal.exrt from AppleACPIPlatform/Contents/PlugIns to a backup folder or trash. Right now, my laptop never go to sleep. However, I do not know if it would cause any problem in System. If you have the similar problem, try it.

regards,

Chris