Weird mouse issues and some video too

Derek12

8 posts in this topic

Me again with issues.

Recently I came with two weird issues that maybe are related or not which I couldn't found any relevant info.

1. Sometimes the mouse pointer won't move at all but clicking works (the Apple menu opens and closes), as well as the keyboard. Rebooting fixes it though sometimes I need two reboots.

2. Randomly  when placing the cursor over small objects like close window or Safari close tab buttons clicking on it won't do anything and wiggling the mouse a bit solves it.

The mouse is otherwise fine in Windows 7.

Also in some rare cases, my monitor loses signal after gray Apple boot screen, but OS X seems to work, IIRC this also happened with my GT520 card

Thanks

Why must you reboot two times.? Maybe the reason is that you use some old driver. Such as venerable that VoodooHDA gave random kernel panic

during the staring up of a system.

You can try the last one VoodooPS2.

Also there are many other reasons which give rise to bugs like that. For example, broken speedstep, HPET etc

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Why must you reboot two times.? Maybe the reason is that you use some old driver. Such as venerable that VoodooHDA gave random kernel panic

during the staring up of a system.

You can try the last one VoodooPS2.

Also there are many other reasons which give rise to bugs like that. For example, broken speedstep, HPET etc

Thanks, yeah, because sometimes it needs two reboots to fix the stuck mouse cursor. Once I got the opposite, mouse moved but couldn't click anything... I think my OS X is trolling me  :( My mouse is USB.

<off topic> Now that you mentioned VoodooHDA, ... Since I've installed my new GFX card I've lost sound. Sound icon is disabled I've reinstalled it many times. If I can't fix it maybe I will create a thread about it. </off topic>

BTW I've uninstalled USB overdrive just in case, hope this will fix it! EDIT: seems it fixed the second point. Will reboot a couple times and see if the 1st one is fixed too.

Gosh... I solved a problem and got two more  -_-

Maybe needs to apply the known "IRQs fix" in the DSDT. That correction have impact in USB ports, SATA ports, etc.

I mean fix the IRQs about the typical devices HPET, RTC, TIMR, IPIC.

And also erase all the non-usable devices in desktop computers (including his IRQ) like PS2K (keyboard PS2), PS2M (mouse PS2), FDISK (Floppy), IDE and parallel ports, etc... for better compatibility with OS X.

That reason could explain why the "two reboots" behavior, because the system alternate the assignation of IRQs in each restart. Please sorry my English.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks, I did repaired permissions, upgraded chameleon, and changed SMBios, (I don't know how to fix HPET and IRQS in DSDT, using DSDT for my mobo)

I've replaced that mouse and the new one (USB, generic) isn't working at all nor rebooting solves it. What can I do? it's detected under System Report. I don't know if it's related to my original issue.

post-767483-0-36681100-1377082832_thumb.png