Mountain Lion 10.8.3(iAtkosML3U) Install Log. Help Needed !

6 posts in this topic

1. Ok guys i was able to boot into osx after making some adjustments in the option of clover boot loader but still its crappy. Here is my install log.

restored iAtkos ML3U image to an 8 GB flashdrive with transmac. According to the tutorial, iAtkos ML3U should start with its own boot loader but it did'nt !

So, i burned clover boot loader to a dvd and inserted both this dvd and the usb. then restarted.

boot priority is DVD->UEFI flash drive->HDD.

gladly the clover boot loader loaded correctly and show the installation menu. so, i slected the iAtkos ML3U and after some loading, the installer came.

Then i selected disk utility and formatted the whole harddrive. Created 4 partitions, in which the first 3 is FAT and the last being Mac OSX Extended Journeled. erased the target partition. Before installation, there was message saying, OSX can only be instaled on a GPT. My HDD was formerly MBR. As far as i knowm ML3U is installable on MBR, but i dont know what happened.

Anyways, formatted the partition once again with GPT Mode. Then installed the OSX, with no Probs at all, take 14 mins to finish. Then rebooted automatically, booted from the Clover CD, now that i have an option to select the Installed partition.

When selected, some random text passed by and then retsared without booting to OSX, tried somany time but still the same.

Only then i understand it was a Kernel Panic, so i needed Help. Installed windows 7 just to access the internet and get help. Then on a forum, i read about Colver boot options, adjusting them might boot to OSX. Well after making some adjts, it did boot to the OSX. Finally, presented with the desktop, i was sad to find out that all the animations are choppy, like dock animations, min/max animations, Launcger animations, the most of the things on safari(internet) were lagging, like buttons, scroll bar etc.

So, i rebooted again to make some grafix adjustments in clover option but it did'nt changed any. still the grafix was crappy. another thing i noticed was each time i should boot from the cd inorder to boot to OSX. How does i correct this..? like Booting from the boot loader without the need of USB or CD..?

Then i installed, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], to know if this corrects the graphics problems. But it did'nt. The OSX wont sleep too. So far, this is the progress and im stuck here. I'll be re installing both Windows 7 And ML, again. But do i need to make any change the next time i install these.

Extra infos and Doubts

My Bios is not patched cuz of the Asus Bios Protection.

Dont have a Custom DSDT

Why i cant see the Hackintosh Drive in Windows (my computer ) and Vice-versa..?

while in OSX, the DVD drive is Dead ( not opening )

While in OSX, newly plugged pendrives are not detecting

in OSX Sound not working, but Internet is working, also in the system info, my GFX Card, GTX 560 and most of the hardware is detected.

Which BOOT LOADER should i use.? ( chameleion, Clover, Myhack etc ) currently is Clover.

Please read the whole story and kindly help me. Cuz i installed OSX after a lot of research, and im really tired and frustrated, sad, cus its not working as i expected. So please take the time to Help me..? A BIG THANKS in advance to Whom ever Helps.

Hi from Troy

wow, lots of questions - I will try to answer some of them as best as I can for you :)

Bootloader is a personal preference (mostly) - Chameleon, Chimera (which is the one I use as it has built in graphics information for my nVidia card), have not pleased with the Clover bootloader before.  To get / make a custom DSDT for your specific motherboard you will need to download a program called DSDTSE which is freeware and will take the hastle out of making your customised DSDT for your specific motherboard.

You won't be able to see your mac partition / drive when you have booted into your windows drive / partition because there is no native support for the HFS+ filesystem (which mac os x uses) in Windows.  To gain access to the data on the mac partition / drive you will need something like Mac Drive for Windows (Commerical product) or you could use a program called HFSExplorer which is freeware and also runs on Windows.

As for getting your sound card to work you will most likely need to download a program called VoodooHDA which tries to be an all-in-one sound card driver solution for OS X.

Dealing the the Kernel Panic - a screen shot would be great to see to figure out the error that has caused the panic :)

Hope this all helps

Hey man, thanks for the reply. let me make this clear, i have installed both windows 7 and mountain lion on the same HDD. the method for installation was iAtkos ML3U. i've restored the dmg file to a usb drive with transmac.

Well, that aint the problem. According to the iAtkos ML3U guide, they say they have an inbuilt boot loader ie Clover. But whenever i boot from this usb drive it straightly goes to Windows 7. But i've managed to boot from USB, only with the help of a Clover Boot CD which i made, and the priorities setting to CD->USB->HDD. Ok, Once i've booted, i've partitioned the whole harddisk to 4 partitions. Partition 1 for hackintosh ( Mac os x journeled extended ) and the other three being FAT DOS, the whole HDD was in GPT Mode. after partitioning i restarted the PC install Windows 7. So, i installed windows 7 as usual to the second partition and it was successful. After that, i booted again from the Clover CD to install ML and installed it successfully to the 1st partition.

The main problems i face are :-

Every time i want to Boot to OSX i need to do it from CD.

Even if the CD Loads, i need to make some changes in the Clover options, inorder to boot to OSX WITHOUT kernel panic.

I installed ML with the right options. Yeah, in that customize menu of OSX installer i selected the right options i need, and it also included a boot loader.

When booting to OSX, evrything seems to be a bit slow. Like when opening files with DBL click, it only opens after a second.

Major problems :-

Graphics is the major problem.

When opening the launch pad from the dock, it takes more than 5 seconds to show up and that too with a very bad animation. Like artifacts and pixelated.

When dragging open windows, i can actually see the window edges are pixelated when moving.

cant see videos in safari, all the videos are flashing, though i've installed adobe flash player. and the scroll bars are also buggy in safari, when moving the cursor over scroll bar, its also flashing.

The main thing i wanna know is that, how can i see the OS selection windows on startup, without inserting CD or USB.

i would also like to know how windows and Mac os can have a shared partition. For example, if i have some musics and video in one partition, its accessable in windows, but how to access it in mac..?

Please Help me Asap. Im really stuck. THANKS.

The "U" on ML3U stands for UEFI. It's set up to boot via UEFI and install to GPT disks. I'm not sure if you're set up for UEFI boot or not, but since you have Windows 7 installed to a GPT disk, I must assume that you are.

You can probably save yourself a lot of hassle by grabbing the iATKOS ML2 (not U) version, since that seems to match up better with what you were originally planning to do. It also doesn't use Clover, which seems to be causing you some trouble.

Thanks, for the reply. But, actually i tried a vanilla installation of  ML 10.8.3 ( downloded DMG ) with Chameleon Boot loader, and everything is working the way i wanted. Every thing including Graphics, Audio, internet is working great. Dont know what actually happened with iAtkos installation. Now, the only problem i face is that i cant get both boot loader theme and apple boot logo to fullscreen. When searched, its something my Graphics card VBIOS is locked to.