Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rayap

Wake from Sleep Display Freeze with HD 7770

4 posts in this topic

Replaced my HD4850 with a HD7770. The old card worked perfectly in ML and Mavericks, except for the occasional ID modding.

With the new card, the first problem of booting from a GUID disk was overcome with a boot0af file. The second problem was when HWMonitor was launched, system crashes and  was overcome by yanking out GPUsensors. The third happened when waking up from sleep, an empty desktop bereft of icons appears and system freezes. This can be resolved by replacing the AMD kexts from ML but the white screen problem reappears as in ML.

Anyone out there having similar Wake from Sleep display freeze and system crash with HD7XXX cards in general or HD7770 in particular and is resolved.

Advertisement

Hi, GPUSensors has a known bug causing the system to freeze when used with HD 7000 series. You should remove this plugin and rebuild caches.

Resolved. Guess the default Framebuffer caused it. Added back PEGP dsdt code (removed for old card) and set Chutoro. Thanks to an article by rampagedev.

With GPUSensors of HWSensors 5.2.779, GPU Die temp is OK and no crashes (though history graphs do not seem to draw).

post-187304-0-72258600-1377949934_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord Kamina
      Hello there everyone. I recently put together a CL hackintosh for a somebody else and it mostly works fine; however, he's been having a problem that I (so far) haven't been able to replicate. He sometimes gets odd beachballs that end up freezing the computer into needing a cold shutdown and boot; which usually in turn freeze halfway through the boot process only for a reboot to work.

Recently he mentioned this happened after several hours of sleep (left the computer sleeping during the night), so I'll try reproducing it later.

However, I'm trying to figure out what the actual problem might be. I've got a theory: Wake-up issues with the NVME controller. Why? I've been experiencing similar issues on my real MBP (2011) because the secondary HD ribbon cable has been coming loose. Of course, since it's just a secondary drive, it's a large inconvenience but it doesn't completely shut the computer down. It would certainly be different if this was happening with the primary drive, though.

What do people think about this? It's the first time I've built a hackintosh with modern hardware (my own is Ivy Bridge) and I'd never tried NVME before, so there's been plenty of trial and error involved in this build.

Stats:

CPU: i7-8700
      MB: Gigabyte Z370-HD3P
      RAM: 32 GB DDR4
      Video: Asus RX580
      Drives: Samsung 940 EVO, 2x 1TB HDDs.
      Wifi/BT: BCM94331

Other than this issue, pretty much everything seems to be working fine on 10.13.2 (with the exception of the CPU saying Unknown on "About this Mac" but I guess that's cosmetic and expected)
    • By theosxnoob
      Hi All,
      I am currently running on OS X 10.13.1 (High Sierra) and everything works perfectly, besides sleep... I've scoured the internet for an answer but can't figure out how to force my computer to stay asleep (seriously, it's like an infant that's consumed too much sugar). Keeping the computer on 24/7 is wasting so much energy.

Here are my specifications:
      CPU: I7-4790k (Haswell) Memory: 32gb DDR3 GPU: Nvidia 1080ti Gigabyte Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI  Network Card: TP-Link Archer T9E (PCI-E Wireless AC) Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX (Corsair Link Connected to USB Header) HDD: 4 SSD's Other Accessories: Oculus Rift, C920 Webcam, Yeti USB Microphone Here are the Kexts/items I've installed into the computer:
      Clover (UEFI Boot Mode), Drivers (VoodooHDA V2. 9.0d10), 3rd Party SATA, FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins, 3rd Party USB 3.0, 7/8/9 Series USB Support, NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag Here is the output of "pmset -g assertions":  https://imgur.com/a/Zo4kG

Here is what I've done so far:
      Changes Standby, Autopoweroff, StandbyDelay values Went to BIOS, disabled Wake on Lan Option Changed the darkwake settings to darkwake = no and darkwake = 8,9.. Cried myself to sleep out of frustration At the moment, I turned the hibernatemode to 25 and that seems to shut the computer down automatically. The downside to this is, I need to wait for the computer to completely boot up each time it goes into Hibernate..
    • By JasonC
      I recently updated my T520 hackintosh to macOS High Sierra, works great with one exception; sleeping/waking.
      I've noticed that if I have the bluetooth switch on the laptop turned on, it'll kernel panic when waking from sleep mode, otherwise it'll work fine.

Any suggestions for getting sleep mode to work with bluetooth being turned on? It used to work in Sierra..

Ill attach a copy of the kernel panic that seems to occur.

Note: I get the same result with darkwake=0
    • By piiggggg
      I'm using ASRock H110-G/M.2, i3-7100 and GT1030 for my hackintosh build. I'm having problem with sleep and wake if I set darkwake=0, my system will wake after 20secs from sleep, if I set darkwake=8, my display can't wake after sleep. Anyway I can find this issue?