ML starts only with -x flag

32 posts in this topic

Hi everybody!

I couldn't post yesterday, but I still have the same problem. System has started in normal mode only once and then only in safe mode. That's where the boot stops:

2rrqy4n.jpg

Any sugestions?

Unfortunately, I don't see NullCPUPowerManagerment loaded again. Or you can take out your DSDT here to correct DSDT for ACPM.

Hi everybody!

I couldn't post yesterday, but I still have the same problem. System has started in normal mode only once and then only in safe mode. That's where the boot stops:

2rrqy4n.jpg

Any sugestions?

VT-d fault

Turn off VT-d in the BIOS

yes is right 

you must disable VT-d in your bios 

"VT-d" stands for "Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O". The relationship between VT and VT-d is that the former is an "umbrella" term referring to all Intel virtualization technologies and the latter is a particular solution within a suite of solutions under this umbrella.

• Like 1

yes is right 

you must disable VT-d in your bios 

"VT-d" stands for "Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O". The relationship between VT and VT-d is that the former is an "umbrella" term referring to all Intel virtualization technologies and the latter is a particular solution within a suite of solutions under this umbrella.

Thanks a lot, guys. Will look for it in BIOS, because I've found only VT there. Thanks again! Will post on results.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, the problem is not solved yet. A little bit of history: I've posted a message in asus forum concerning my MoBo and how to disable VT-d and there is no solution to this - I've renewed the BIOS, vt-d still active and there is no way to disable it in the BIOS menu. So here I am again looking for answers and advice how to make my system run in normal mode. The problem is definitely not in video - it works ok in -x mode, the only problem though is flash displaying - it seems like refreshes 1 frame in a sec. Everything else is ok. I would leave it the way it is if I would not need the system to work in full for my work assignments (-: But maybe someone would have a fresh idea on my situation with this MoBo...

Later I will post a picture of the current panic.

Thanks a lot again everyone who participates. I hope the topic (or rather the solution) will help someone else with same problem.