OSx86 Install help!

locust43

6 posts in this topic

I have OSx86 from my current Intel iMac Core Duo, but I also want to use it on my AMD Athlon 64+ Gateway Laptop and I have no idea about how to even begin to install it. Can you please give me a list of what i need to do first? Thanks

Yes. Put your DVD from your iMac Core Duo on the shelf because it won't work on a PC.
;)

Guys what you need to do is go to Pirate Bay and search for OSX86 under Applications and then either download "Mac OS X 10.4.6 x86 Install DVD (JaS)" or "MacOSX_10.4.6DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso". I had some problems with the Jas 10.4.6 installation (although Jas's 10.4.4 worked fine) and so ended up downloading and using Myz's DVD instead. But both will work and they run on AMD system with AMD patch enables and installed . After that you'll need to find some instructions as to how to install it on your pc because it's not as simple as putting it in your DVD-Rom drive and clicking a few buttons. You need to prepare it before you even insert the DVD.

I created a guide and if I can find it I’ll post it when I get the chance. Otherwise just look around for other guides. There should be many. But in the mean time just start downloading as it's a large file 4.38GB and is going to take you some time.

Good Luck.