Kernel Panic with hazard's disto, but works with "-x -v" on the Chameleon Bootloader

Aminul Islam

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm a noob on osx86 and this is my first post, I was trying to install snow leopard from this distro, "Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard".

My specs (I know I'm in no position to install osx with this hardware, but I just need to use keynote for my work, nothing else):

Motherboard: GA-G41M-COMBO INTEL G41/ICH7/rev.1.3

Processor: Dual core 3.00 GHz

Ram: 2 GB DDR3

Graphics: Onboard intel 4 series express chipset (No external Graphics Card)

After installing and restarting the pc, the apple logo appears and a grey screen says that "You need to restart your computer...."

I googled it and tried with "-x -v" on the chameleon bootloader and pc started normally after a long time. Then when I tried to boot normally, it froze again.

I don't know much but from googling I guess it's a kernel panic I attached the screen when performed a "-v" on the chameleon bootloader:

post-1201460-0-15376300-1376154714_thumb.jpg

can anyone please suggest me what to do? Or if it's impossible to rum osx on this hardware?

Thanks in advance

Do this:

Boot with -s 

Type mount -uw /

Hit enter.

Type cd /System/Library/Extensions

Hit enter.

Type rm -rf AppleTyMCEDriver.kext 

Hit enter.

Type reboot

Hit enter.

Now boot with -v

*** Note: If you can't boot with -s you will need to run Terminal from your installation disc/USB and run the same commands as above.