InsanelyMac Forum

Installation Successful Mountain Lion 10.8.2 DualBooting With Windows (8)

If anyone has any questions I am glad to help them out, give links, information and also instructions (Message Me)

Thanks for reading

___________________________Specs___________________________________

Sandy Bridge - Full support

-i7 203QM - working all cores

- Generic USB 2.0 - Full support

-Reneas/NEC USB3.0-Full support

- Generic HP DVD DRV- Full support

-SmartBattery- Enabled-Full support

- Intel HD 3000 Intergrated GPU - CI not QE?

-AMD Radeon 6770M GPU - Mac .N/A

- Display (Brightness) - Shades support

-Beats Audio-Full support.voodoohda

- Output Speakers- 2/4 ok

-Standard VGA - Mac N/A

- HDMI - Full support (Full resolution)

-Ethernet - Full support

- SD Card Reader - Not yet...

-Track\Touch Pad -Full support

- USB mouse/Keyboard-Full support

-PS•2 Host Controllers- Full support

- Ram Slot 1 : 8GB -Full support

-Ram Slot 2: 4GB -Full support

- NRAM  ---512MB---

+Wireless Intel  1030-Not supported

- Atheos AR5B195    - ?

BIOS WHITELIST MOD (don't worry i thought it was risky,its not but if it doesn't work out just take out DMOS battery and all power sources click power button ten times put DMOS back in then startup computer don't be impatient , REFLASH TO NORMAL BIOS)

---Power Features---

Startup - Yes

Shutdown - Yes

Restart - Yes

Sleep/Hibernate - Not yet...

-- Startup 24sec

iMessege Not Working neither Facetime.

/\

|

Windows 8 : Everything Working

-- :)- - :lol:-- - :P- - ^_^- - :D- - :thumbsup_anim:- - :rolleyes:- - B)- - ;)- - :wink_anim:- - :angel:- - :angel_not:- - :blush:- - :whistle:- - :ph34r:- - :ninja:- - -_---

Advertisement

If there is a request for it to be put up I will put it up so I don't have to waste time typing it up if nobody is going to be interested in it

Hey there,

Firstly, I hope I write in the right topic, if not, sorry for the disturbance :D I saw you have an HP and that you offer help, so here I am, ta-da!

I'm a little newbie to Mac (if you don't take in consideration iOS), but veteran on Win. I own a HP Pavilion dv6 with i5 CPU and I would reaaaaalllly ( :) ) want to ALSO have Mac on it (I want Garage Band and Logic, don't care about the rest). The tricky thing is that I wouldn't want to lose my Win installation. So, because I only have one 500GB HDD on my laptop, I bought an e-rack and put in it a 500GB SATA HDD I had liying somewhere on my desk. Connected it to the e-sata port my laptop has, everything working, both HDD are seen as "inside" drives. One drive waits to be formatted and the other one has the precious copy of Win7 and everything I hold dear :)

Now...I have a copy of "niresh", ready to start burning and going into this "adventure", but I really couldn't find to much info on the matter: preserving your Win installation while installing (on a separate drive) OSX.

So I thought...instead of losing my 27 gb folders of 10 years photos :D and other office documents (I'll back that up, don't worry), why not ask some experts about the matter and wait a few days maybe someone can tell me if I will lose or win, before I go breaking something up that I might regret later. 

So...the question is...can I install (succesfully) OSX WITHOUT losing my Win installation, on a separate drive? And obviouslly, can I boot them up (I understand I'll need somekind of bootloader)?

Ok...so this is the help I need. Thanks in advance...

Yeah man thats about right,but what you have to do for a nice installation is this .

Make sure you have a windows installation disk, copy this directory C:\Users\'YOUR USER HERE' to a external hard drive so you can just restore it when you reinstall windows after resizing and formatting partitions on the mac installation disk(also make sure you have all your drivers you can find them at the hp website.) -take notes of what software you have so you can install them again.

DO NOT USE THE HP WINDOWS INSTALLATION.

(HDD Setup)

-WINDOWS

-MAC

-Backup OS X (24GB)

ALWAYS BACKUP!  :)

Yeah man thats about right,but what you have to do for a nice installation is this .

Make sure you have a windows installation disk, copy this directory C:\Users\'YOUR USER HERE' to a external hard drive so you can just restore it when you reinstall windows after resizing and formatting partitions on the mac installation disk(also make sure you have all your drivers you can find them at the hp website.) -take notes of what software you have so you can install them again.

DO NOT USE THE HP WINDOWS INSTALLATION.

(HDD Setup)

-WINDOWS

-MAC

-Backup OS X (24GB)

ALWAYS BACKUP!  :)

thx for the info...I kind of backed up the important things and installed niresh ML on a separate sata disk used with an e-rack on the external e-sata port I have on this HP. Worked like a charm...the installation I mean. I lost nothing. Windows boots up perfectly, sometimes MacOSX {censored}es up the WIN 7 boot (I really don't know why, because it's not {censored} it everytime, just when it wants to) but this issue is fastly resolved with the repair disk.

The problem is that I can't get the damn thing to boot. I tried -v, -f, -s and other combinations some guys gave me for flags. It stumbles across something that stops the boot. After my last attempt with -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 it stopped at the thing in the photo I've attached. Maybe someone has some other ideea to try.  

thx for the info...I kind of backed up the important things and installed niresh ML on a separate sata disk used with an e-rack on the external e-sata port I have on this HP. Worked like a charm...the installation I mean. I lost nothing. Windows boots up perfectly, sometimes MacOSX {censored}es up the WIN 7 boot (I really don't know why, because it's not {censored} it everytime, just when it wants to) but this issue is fastly resolved with the repair disk.

The problem is that I can't get the damn thing to boot. I tried -v, -f, -s and other combinations some guys gave me for flags. It stumbles across something that stops the boot. After my last attempt with -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 it stopped at the thing in the photo I've attached. Maybe someone has some other ideea to try.

Try boot with usekernelcache=no and -F

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Acaro
      hi, i have a hp dv6 2180el. Mavericks works fine but the Geekbench, compared to that of Windows8 in another partition is too low. Here you can find the dsdt that I uploaded on my /Extra folder. Could you give me some suggestions? I also downloaded other dsdt for other dv6, but the hardware changes a lot from model to model ...
      thanks
    • By ziobacco
      Ciao a tutti.
      Premetto che mi sono affacciato da poco sul mondo dell'hackintosh ma conosco abbastanza bene quello di Linux.
      Ho un portatile HP Pavilion DV6 6B59EL su cui ho messo Mavericks tramite myhack.
      L'hardware è il seguente, con lspci -nn ho trovato anche l'id vendor e l'id device:
      video AMD Radeon HD 6490m 1002:6760;
      video Intel HD3000 8086:0116;
      Audio Intel 8086:1c20;
      Ethernet Realtek RTL 8111/8168B 10ec:8186;
      Wireless Broadcom BCM4312 14e4:4727;
      Card Reader Realtek RTS5116 10ec:5209.
      CPU Intel Core i7-2670QM @2,20GHz.
      Poiché c'è il boot anche con il Windows la partizione è con il MBR.
      Per far partire l'installazione ho inserito le seguenti flag che ora sono presenti all'interno del file org.chameleon.boot.plist poiché uso Chameleon (ho provato anche Chimera e sembra equivalente)
      cpus=1 npci=0x2000 UseKernelCache=No
      Inoltre ho inserito il file smbios.plist relativo al MacBook Pro 8,1.

Per quanto riguarda l'hardware.
      La webcam la riconosce nativamente.
      Il trackpad lo riconosce nativamente.
      La batteria la riconosce dopo aver installato il kext VoodooBattery.
      La scheda wireless della Broadcom a quanto ho capito non è supportata, e ho risolto usando una della Edimax usb con i driver scaricati dal sito ufficiale.
      L'audio funziona con i kext VoodooHDA e modificando il file Info.plist.
      L'ethernet funziona dopo aver installato i driver della Realtek.
      La scheda video AMD Radeon HD 6490m non la riconosce, ma credo di aver capito che può funzionare.
      La scheda video Intel HD3000 funziona dopo aver inserito solo uno dei due file che ho trovato AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext poiché se metto anche AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext non riesco a mettere la risoluzione 1366x768x32 (nonostante ho inserito la direttiva nel file org.chameleon.boot.plist), ma non funziona l'accelerazione grafica QE/CI.
      Inoltre il boot è un po' lento e si sofferma quando trova la partizione in ntfs. Ho eliminato NullCpupower in Extra e AppleIntelCpuPowermanagent in System/Library/Extensions ma non sembra si sia velocizzato, poiché avevo letto che con i processori i7 si potevano anche togliere, anche se in realtà non ho ancora capito il loro utilizzo.

Quello che vorrei è far funzionare la scheda video AMD Radeon HD 6490m con l'accelerazione grafica. Nel caso non fosse possibile vorrei abilitare l'accelerazione grafica all'Intel HD3000.

Inoltre vorrei capire se c'è un modo di ripristinare i kexts iniziali poiché spostandoli, inserendone altri e patchandoli penso di aver modificato un po' di cose...

Grazie anticipatamente dei consigli.

EDIT1: mi sono dimenticato di scrivere che avevo fatto il file dsdt.aml ma ad un certo punto andava in kernel panic e per farlo partire ho dato la direttiva al chamaleon dsdt con un percorso errato, così non caricando quel file mi ha permesso di entrare nel sistema e di rimuoverlo, ma forse con -x avrebbe funzionato lo stesso.

EDIT2: mi sono accorto che su questa comunità c'è il tool Pandora, mi consigliate di reinstallare il sistema utilizzando questo tool?
    • By Micky1979
      Use only if your bios match this bioses version: (F24 2013-02-05) (F23 01-2013) (F22 11-2012) (F13 09-2012) (F0a 05-2012).

http://h10025.www1.h...254140&sw_lang=

if your display is over 1400x pixels use this: http://www.insanelym...or-hp-dv7-7xxx/

Patches applied:

HPET
      RTC
      HDEF layout-id set to 12 for AppleHDA
      IG-platform set to 04 for default video driver
      SATA
      USB
      Power Button
      Device Removal Error
      DisplayDim when on Battery mode
      FN button ecc.
    • By mac.hp.pc.3
      Hi i tried hackintosh my HP DV6-2155ee but fail. I tried using

Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Mac OS X Intel/AMD-Hazard, iAtkos L2 and mac OS X snow Leopard 10.6.6i but all attempt fail. I have watch most youtube video on Mac OS X Snow Leopard and read some form on Hackintosh. I know my computer is possible to get hackentosh because one of the user from your form have a same computer and successes on Hackintosh. Some people recommend Hazard and iAtkos L2. Please someone help me!!! Can some someone tell me what do i have to select in the setup. Every time i start up mac os x snow leopard the computer shutdown after 10 seconds. Can someone tell me why did it shutdown? I don't care if it just a little information, it might help me.

AdmiralA have the same laptop but last time and he Hackintosh it but last time that he was online was 2011.http://www.insanelym...c=221653&st=320

My computer spec

Model: HP Pavilion dv6-2155ee
      CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-540M Processor (3M Cache, 2.53 GHz)
      RAM: 4GB DDR3
      GFX card: GeForce GT 230M, 1GB PCI-E
      Sound: IDT 92HD75B3 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [111D-7603]
      Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D PCI-E Gigabit [10EC-8168]
      Wireless: Broadcom 43224AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n [14E4-4353]

I have the list of hazard kext. Can someone tell me what do I needed for the installation. Can you put some thought and suggest some kext that i need. I just want a working mac os x with usb 2.0, track pad, keyboard, sound, Ethernet or wifi. If you can Bluetooth, dvd drive and webcam.

List of the kext's included in standard installation:

AHCIPortInjector

AppleACPIPS2Nub

AppleATIATA

AppleIntelGMA950 Fixed

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB Fixed

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer Fixed

AppleIntelPIIXATA

AppleNForceATA

ApplePS2Controller

AppleVIAATA

ATAPortInjector

AttansicL1eEthernet

Disabler

EvOreboot

Fakesmc

Intel82566MM

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

IOATAFamily Fixed

IOPCIFamily Fixed

JMicronATA Fixed

LegacyJMB36xSATA

nForceLAN

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

PlatformUUID

RealtekR1000SL

Sleepenabler

SuperNForceATA

SuperVIAATA

VoodooHDA

List of the Tools and Software included in standard installation:

AppCleaner

BetterZip

Colloquy

Disk Order

EFIStudio

IORegistryExplorer

Kext Utility

OSX86Tools

Pacifist

PPFMaster

Property List Editor

Smultron

StuffIt Expander

uTorrent

Install options:

Mac OS X Update:

Mac OS X 10.6.1 Update

Mac OS X 10.6.2 Update Combo

Boot Loaders:

Chameleon RC3 PCEFI 10.3

Chameleon RC3 PCEFI 10.5

Kernels:

Intel Atom Kernel 10.2.0

Legacy Kernel 10.2.0 Intel AMD

Mobdin Kernel 10.0 AMD Only

Graphic:

ATI HD 2600 Fix

GMA3500

GMA X4500

ATY_init

ATI 48X0 IDs Injector

Graphic Enabler

EVOenabler for Extra/Extensions

EVOenabler for System/Library/Extensions

EVOenabler ATI HD 4870 Extra/Extensions

EVOenabler ATI 4830 System/Library/Extensions

Legacy ATI 4800

NVEnabler

NVInject

Remove ATI4500 and ATI 4600 Controller - Support for ATI 4850

Audio:

AppleAzaliaAudio

AppleAzaliaAudio ADI 1981

AD1988b Fix

AppleHDA

HDAIDT Driver for HP M311

Envy M-Audio

ALC662 for Gigabyte

ALC883 for Gigabyte

ALC888b for Gigabyte

ALC889a

Voodoo 0.2.52 new

LegacyHDA:

LegacyHDA 885

LegacyHDA 888

LegacyHDA 889

ALC 889 HDA MIC Panel Hd x86 - 64

ALC889 Legacy for EVGA X58

Network:

Atheros Fix 10.6.2

RTL8139 Ethernet

BCM 5787M Ethernet

RTL8169 Ethernet

BCM 5755M Ethernet

D-Link DWL G520

Legacy Yukon 2

Marvel-Yukon 88E8056

Skge

Laptop:

AppleACPIBatteryManager

FunctionFlip - Bightness control

MACam

VoodooBattery

VoodooMonitor

VoodooPower

VoodooPowerMini

VoodooPS2Trackpad

System Support:

AHCI SATA Fix Extra/Extensions

Legacy SATA Fix

AppleRTC

LegacyAppleRTC

ElliotForceLegacyRTC

AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler

FramebufferDisabler

JMicronATA Injector

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA Fixed

IOATAFamily Fix

IOATAFamily SATA Fix Extra/Extensions

SMBIOSResolver

UUID

Dsmos

Fakesmc 1.0

AMD

AdditionalFonts

X11

Rosetta

QuickTime 7

NOTE:
      THIS SNOWLEOPARD IS BOOTING BY DEFAULT IN 64BIT!
      SO THE ONES WHO CANNOT BOOT IN 64BIT or WANT TO BOOT IN 32BIT MODE SHOULD TYPE IN BOOTLOADER MENU:
      -v arch=i386
      or
      arch=i386

http://www.hackint0s...zard-104461.htm
    • By Faharid1
      Hello I`m trying to install iatkos L1 on my computer, but I'm having some troubles at the start of the installation, well as you can see on the picture there is some kind of problem with a source, i tried to install it ignoring the cache files and it passed the booting stage but then suddenly appears a message that i have to reboot the machine so it doesn’t even star the installation.... If someone can help me or guide me to solve the problems for star the installation i would appreciate it... XD

PD: Sorry for my ugly English

These are my computer features

HP dv6-6180us Intel Core i7 2670QM(2.20GHz)

6GB Memory DDR3

750GB HDD 5400rpm

AMD Radeon HD 6770M

This is the message: