Hello all looking for a little help plz!

puxxie

10 posts in this topic

Hi all I am new to this forum but I have done a hackintosh on my old pc. I am trying to get Lion on my current pc and looking for some help to get going. My computer specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core Processor 5600+

Motherboard: ASUS m2n68-la

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Memory: 4gb

System trype: 32-bit OS

SATA HD 120 GB

Any more info needed I can provide. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Hi!

You will have a flawless experience with Lion 10.7.5 - much probably better than you have with Windows 7 - and the only issues will be enabling iCloud services (for solving that you'll need to borrow a friend's Mac or working intel hack, and Facetime won't ever work because of the patched kernel) and your graphics card that, as 3.14r2 told you, won't be supported altogether - but you can buy a cheap G210 1GB for $20 or even a HD5450 Silent for $30 and this will also be easily solved. I think it's worthy, because the said hardware costs the equivalent of two or three Big Mac combos, c'mon!

Just buy one of the recommended cards, answer the second quiz and ask help in the AMD forum and, with luck, you'll have your system up and running nicely as it should.

All the best!

• Like 1

Hi!

You will have a flawless experience with Lion 10.7.5 - much probably better than you have with Windows 7 - and the only issues will be enabling iCloud services (for solving that you'll need to borrow a friend's Mac or working intel hack, and Facetime won't ever work because of the patched kernel) and your graphics card that, as 3.14r2 told you, won't be supported altogether - but you can buy a cheap G210 1GB for $20 or even a HD5450 Silent for $30 and this will also be easily solved. I think it's worthy, because the said hardware costs the equivalent of two or three Big Mac combos, c'mon!

Just buy one of the recommended cards, answer the second quiz and ask help in the AMD forum and, with luck, you'll have your system up and running nicely as it should.

All the best!

Thanks guys. So I will get a new graphics card and where do I find the quiz at again? Also the AMD forum??

When you try to post anywhere on InsanelyMac, if you didn't pass the second quiz, you'll be redirected there. One more thing: check out in your BIOS if you have Crossfire option and the ability to disable, if you don't, or if you don't know how to check it, it will be safer to buy the nVidia card instead of the HD5450 Silent, because if Crossfire (meaning interaction between the on-board graphics and any ATI/AMD Radeon card) is enabled by default on your motherboard and you cannot turn it off, you won't ever be able to boot OSX and thus it won't serve you nothing buying the HD 5450. The G210 doesn't have this issue, since Crossfire doesn't work with nVidia.

All the best!

• Like 1

When you try to post anywhere on InsanelyMac, if you didn't pass the second quiz, you'll be redirected there. One more thing: check out in your BIOS if you have Crossfire option and the ability to disable, if you don't, or if you don't know how to check it, it will be safer to buy the nVidia card instead of the HD5450 Silent, because if Crossfire (meaning interaction between the on-board graphics and any ATI/AMD Radeon card) is enabled by default on your motherboard and you cannot turn it off, you won't ever be able to boot OSX and thus it won't serve you nothing buying the HD 5450. The G210 doesn't have this issue, since Crossfire doesn't work with nVidia.

All the best!

Ok so I took both quizes yesterday and they said I passed. I don't have the crossfire option in my bios so most likely I will go with the other card. Which version of Lion do I need to get so I can start getting everything ready?

• 3 weeks later...

All the best!

I found this card on criagslist would this work? 

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB PCI-E DVI